We publish written content, including:
- Articles - Valuable insights or issues around a topic
- Blog articles - Opinionated articles, sometimes shorter, in a series, often in one area or with one theme running through them
- Expert briefings - "How to" best practice guidance from experts, for process orientated activities
- Member news - News about moving association, new roles and significant achievements
- Partner Updates - Update news from suppliers on developments of their offering
These should be relevant to advances, development, management and other issues in the fields of:
- Leadership & Strategy
- Membership & Communities
- Conferences & Events
- Marketing & Communications
- Professional Development & Education
- Publishing & Information services
General content guidance:
- Visual images with the text are necessary to illustrate or emphasise the points
- Content should be specific, or highly relevant to associations
- All articles are subject to editing by AAE
Where will these be promoted & published
- On the AAE home page
- In the AAE eBulletin
- In AAE Content Update emails
- In Social Media
Shown in full
- In the News sections of the website
- In the Resource Centre of the website
The elements required from the author are:
- Teaser copy
- Body copy
- Title & listing image
- Body images
- Interest tags
Interesting strong title that indicates the content
Short description to entice readers to read which references the high value of the piece. The teaser is shown under the title in listings in emails and the website and at the top of the article when displayed. It must not raise expectations not met in the content.
Title and Teaser Lengths
Short titles of: 25 - 33 characters, the teaser should be: 170 - 240 characters
Longer titles of: 34 - 64 characters, the teaser should be: 170 - 200 characters
Character lengths include spaces.
eBulletin / website: Usually between 500 - 2000 words
Magazine article: Usually between 1500 - 2000 words
Pleaser refer to the AAE Style Guide, which has essential advice on relating to the readers as well as purely style points.
Headers & Listing image
This is one and the same image that appears in the listings (eBulletin & website) and as a header for the entry.
You can provide the image yourself or you can recommend an image from www.istockphoto.com/gb or we will select an image.
Providing the image yourself: It is important it can be shown in full width and cropped to suit the icon listing. The size should be 780 pixels x 200 pixels high, and format jpeg, gif or png.
Images in body text
- Images with fine detail (eg text, tables, flowcharts) are best at full page width of 780 pixels or larger, by required height
- Other images embedded in the copy should be vivid and relate directly to the content
- Please indicate the location that images are to be placed among the text in a word document AND send as attachments to your email
Image sources & rights
- If you don't have images with rights to use them, then you can recommend (or we will select) images from www.istockphoto.com/gb.
- If you submit any image, you need to have the rights for this image to be used worldwide and indefinitely. By submitting an image you agree to indemnify AAE against any legal action for copyright infringement of this image.
Tagging your content
Content is more likely to be received and seen by relevant members and subscribers if it is tagged with the Main and Detailed Interests that our community have selected in their profile.
If you would like to assign the tags, then download the PDF with all the Main and Detailed interests that are used for tagging.
AAE Interests Sheet, as of September 2019.pdf
Last updated in 26/02/2021