Who can join
Membership is open to employees and officers of associations, societies, federations, institutions, councils, user groups and other non-profit membership organisations. Membership is contributory and with no fee.
Joining the AAE provides you the opportunity to learn, share and grow. The community involves contributing and gaining a great deal of knowledge, insight and ideas and support.
- Access to the Resource Centre with 500+ educational videos on best practice processes as well as detailed project case study Success Stories
- Free member-only online seminars
- Learn and network at the Specialist Meetings (Leadership, Membership & Events at the moment)
- Get answers and ideas from your peers and experts in the Discussion Forums
- Benchmark within the association community
- Recruit and develop your team, with free Job Vacancy adverts
- Nominate in the Association Awards
- Discounts to third-party events and services
- Enhance your career development and profile by contributing
Membership of the AAE is what we call 'contributory' and there is no charge. Members commit to contribute to the AAE and in return receive receive the benefits. Contribution of a small amount of time, with your advice and opinion, as well as profile information enables the AAE to focus its work and create paid-for events, education and products, as well as create a community of relevance.
- Members agree to receive emails according to this communications schedule
Members agree to complete, every six months:
- One standard or benchmarking survey
- A contribution, either to the Resource Centre (eg. best practice documents, manuals, checklists, SOPs, guidelines, task lists, flowcharts, policies, Job role specifications) or by speaking or writing an article or being interviewed
- Provide information on a project or service / product / management development you are undertaking, so the AAE can send you supporting materials
- Update of their Personal and Organisation profile
- Feedback on every service they consume (events, articles, resource centre content, benchmarking, etc)
- Provide suggestions for topics to be covered and ideas for services that AAE provides