Who can join
Membership is open to employees and officers of associations, societies, federations, institutions, councils, User groups and other non-profit membership organisations. Membership is contributory and with no fee.
Joining the AAE provides you the opportunity to learn, share and grow. The community involves contributing and gaining a great deal of knowledge, insight and ideas and support.
- Access educational videos on best practice processes and skills in the Resource Centre
- Free member-only seminars and other events
- Networking at online and face-to-face events
- Benchmark within the association community
- Learn and network at Specialist Group meetings
- Get answers and ideas from your peers and experts in the Discussion Forums
- Enhance your career development and profile by contributing
- Recruit and develop your team, with Job Vacancy adverts and example Job roles
- Discounts to third-party events and services
- Badge for your personal use, as an AAE member
Membership of the AAE is what we call 'contributory' and there is no charge. Members commit to contribute to the AAE and in return receive receive the benefits. Contribution of a small amount of time, with your advice and opinion, as well as profile information enables the AAE to focus its work and create paid-for events, education and products, as well as create a community of relevance.
- Members agree to receive emails according to this communications schedule
Members agree to complete, every six months:
- One standard or benchmarking survey
- A contribution, either to the Resource Centre (eg. best practice documents, manuals, checklists, SOPs, guidelines, task lists, flowcharts, policies, Job role specifications) or by speaking or authoring
- Update of their Personal and Organisation profile
- One research call of 10-20 minutes with a member of the AAE team
- Feedback on every service they consume (events, articles, resource centre content, benchmarking, etc)