The changing human, financial, and technological landscape in which associations operate presents us with unprecedented opportunities to evolve as forward-thinking associations.
Focusing on the creation of valuable experiences, embracing new technologies innovatively developing a multi-generational engagement strategy, nurturing a culture of leadership, and cultivating talent and change management practices will help associations address commercial threats, and remain competitive and profitable year after year.
To support leaders in meeting these challenges, the Association of Association Executives has developed the Association Leaders Summit 2020 which is taking place on 16 December, online.
The summit, carefully developed with association CEOs, by the AAE’s Programme Director will present thought-provoking ideas and valuable learning from key opinion leaders. Shared challenges are identified and discussed in a collegiate environment where association leaders are among their peers, in confidence.
Why we have created the Association Leadership Summit
We have been holding leadership forums within our congresses for nine years, and our members have asked for an event exclusively for CEOs where they can learn and engage at a high level. I’m very pleased to be producing this Association Leaders Summit for our members and the whole association, society and federation community.
The summit is exclusive to leaders, with a collegiate environment, high-level talks, and discussion that addresses challenges that face even the very-experienced CEOs. An essential aspect of the event is the combination of input from thought leaders in associations and peer-group discussions, to enable everyone to participate actively.
I invite you to review more information at the website and to join this interesting and essential event.
Association of Association Executives
The Four Pillars of the Summit:
- Creating a vision that provides the association with direction and meaning
- Creating and implementing a change management strategy and culture
- Successful succession planning
- Bolstering business growth and sustainability
- Education and development of staff to develop their leadership skills
- Creating membership value and maintaining perceived personal relevance
- Board’s resistance to change & good- governance practices
- Building a proactive relationship with the board: aligning the strategy and vision
Who should attend
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Finance Officers
- Managing Directors
- Executive Directors
- Divisional Directors
- Secretaries General
- Director Generals
- Presidents and Chairs with executive responsibility