New, Better & Different
Belfast is a resilient and determined events destination that has adapted and innovated to meet the new demands of our industry. In September 2021 we launched our new conference support scheme offering Associations £50 per delegate for events bringing a minimum of 100 out- of- state delegates for one night. Awards of £5,000 – £100,000 are available and 75% of funding can be claimed in advance of the event with 25% claimed after a successful post event evaluation. Applications are now open for conferences taking place from 2022 – 2030. Funding will be provided for spend against eligible costs such as:
- Venue costs (including AV, technical and hybrid costs)
- Exhibition marketing
- Pre-conference marketing costs
- Delegate transfer costs
- Speaker costs
COVID has accelerated the need for urgent sustainability action in our industry. Visit Belfast is stepping up to this challenge and in the past 12 months we have:
- Launched the largest ever Green Tourism partnership with a city in partnership with Belfast City Council to support our industry to improve their sustainability credentials and provide funding for Green Tourism accreditation
- Targeted 50% of our industry being committed in the next 12 months to having the Green Tourism / Green Meetings 3rd party certification'
- Established a sustainability team within Visit Belfast and appointed a new Sustainability & Impact Manager
- Developed a sustainable events framework to support conference organisers with the aim of 30% of events in Belfast having a sustainability plan in 2022
- Committed to 30% of Belfast events having a legacy and impact plan in 2022
- Joined the Global Destinations Sustainability Index to accelerate our sustainability performance as a destination
- Become a certified Bronze Green Tourism accredited business at Visit Belfast.
What’s Different In November 2021
Visit Belfast is re-launching a re-branded Conference Ambassador programme. The ‘Ambassador Circle’ will create 5 sector specific advisory panels within our world leading key sectors of Life/Health Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Technology, Business & Professional Services and Food/Drink. These networks will help incoming Association conference organisers easily reach and connect with potential speakers, sponsors, delegates, exhibitors and local organizing committee members as well as gaining better access to local laboratory tours, research centres, and factories.