Associations as Custodians of the Human Factor - Takeaways from the congress
John Scarrott, AAE Coach & Association Executive Trainer writes from Associations World Congress Online.
I attended some really insightful sessions at the Associations World Congress 2021. So much so I was inspired to create a summary of what I took from each. Juanita Vorster of At That Point, delivered an energised keynote session on the theme of Associations as Custodians of the Human Factor.
Here are my 10 takeaways from this session for associations.
- Don’t work hard to do what technology does easily.
- Harness the human factor ie that which you can, that machines cannot.
- Not Person v Machine. Not Person or Machine. But Person + Machine.
- Human factors are what makes humans human.
- Broadly they are Needs, Breadth, Expertise, Ethics and Evolving.
- Serving by leading, representing the human factor.
- Get to know your human: your members, your stakeholder map all influencers and influences.
- Surveys, designed and promoted well are the key to get to your human.
- Go and be in the audience.
- Listen to the mood, catch the whispers. Listen beyond the words.
- Change slowly and softly, and you’ll attract the 'next' without alienating the 'now'.
Delegate AAE members can view the recording in the Resource Centre here >>