Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for Membership and Subscriptions to AAE.
- The Association of Association Executives (AAE) is a community and commercial service managed and provided by The Networking Organisation Ltd (TNO) whose registered office is at 8 Posterngate, Kingston upon Hull, HU1 2JN, United Kingdom.
- When you join the AAE as a "member" you are joining an informal network community and subscribing to services provided by The Networking Organisation Ltd, a privately owned organisation. The word "member" or "membership" refers to your status as a subscriber to or the subscription of the "member" service.
- When you subscribe to just news you are subscribing to news provided by The Networking Organisation Ltd.
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract through which TNO will deliver the service.
- On Joining or subscribing you agree to these terms and conditions and you are providing us with the appropriate consent to handle your personal information in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act.
- You agree to abide by the AAE Code of Conduct. If this policy changes, you will be notified by e-mail or an announcement on this website.
3. Conditions of Membership
- Membership is open to employees or officers of membership organisations and are not suppliers of or representatives of organisations supplying services or products to membership organisations
- TNO reserves the right to cancel a membership at anytime without penalty
- If after joining a member subsequently becomes a supplier of or representative of an organisation supplying services or products to membership organisations, the membership will be cancelled
4. Members commitment
Members agree in each six month period, will receive:
- Two or three AAE magazine editions by email or by post
- A monthly eNewsletter
- A fortnighly email with details of new content, programmes and events
- One research call of 10-20 minutes
- Two postal mailings
- Two calls to advise on events or other products that the members' profile / interests
- Two standard surveys or
- One standard survey and one bechmarking survey
and submit to the Resource Library for sharing with other members:
- Two useful documents, eg. best practice documents, manuals, checklists, SOPs, guidelines, task lists, flowcharts, policies, Job role specifications
5. Membership cancellation
- You may cancel their membership anytime by contacting AAE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your member benefits and rights including access to future events or services that you may have registered for will cease on receipt of your cancellation notice.
6. Competition and Prize Draw Rules
- All prize draws and competitions which are associated with AAE are subject to separate terms and conditions
- Prize draws are not open to employees, contractors, representatives or agents of AAE.
- These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by AAE
- Any fees displayed on the AAE website or provided in any communication or call are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to change the price of events, products and services on regular basis, including services that members are subscribed to which may be changed at the time a re-subscription.
- AAE liability to its members will not extend to any membership related benefits, goods or services provided by any third party
- AAE specifically excludes liability for any loss or damage suffered by a member as a result of her/his involvement in whatever manner with any third party
- Reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided on our websites, in newsletters, and any other location or publication; however, neither we nor the authors can accept liability for errors and omissions
8. Queries, complaints, comments
- We will endeavor to respond within 48 hours to any complaint or query received. This may be an acknowledgement that we have received a complaint whilst further investigations are carried out. If you have any queries, comments or complaints about products and services please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you believe that any of the information AAE holds about you is incorrect or out of date, please log in and edit your information, and if the data is not editable, forward the accurate information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If members wish to obtain a copy of their personal data held by AAE, then please write to email@example.com. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity and for any further information that might help AAE to locate the data you are seeking.
9. Force Majeure
- Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations by reason of matters beyond its control including, but not limited to, any act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes, or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure, postal delay, or any event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided.
10. Variations to this agreement
- AAE may change these terms and conditions at any time upon giving its members 14 days prior notice.
- The most recent edition of these terms and conditions will be binding upon AAE member, subscribers, and users.
- AAE Members may exit the contract if they do not accept any proposed variation.
- These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published in relation to any membership subscription between a member and AAE.
11. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
- You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- A person who is not party to these terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Date: 15 December 2018