Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of AAE.
- When you join the AAE as a "member" you are subscribing to services and joining an informal community. The word "member" refers to your status as a receipient of the service, and "membership" refers to the package of services.
- When you "subscribe" you are subscribing to news and updates.
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract through which your service or subscription will be delivered.
- The Association of Association Executives (AAE) is a community and service provided by The Networking Organisation Ltd whose registered office is at 8 Posterngate, Kingston upon Hull, HU1 2JN, United Kingdom.
- Members agree to abide by the AAE Code of Conduct. If this policy changes, members will be notified by e-mail or an announcement on this website.
3. Conditions of Membership
- Membership is only open to employees or officers of membership organisations who are not suppliers of, or representatives of organisations supplying services or products to membership organisations.
- AAE reserves the right to cancel the "member" service or "subscription" at anytime without penalty.
- If after "joining", a member subsequently becomes a supplier of, or representative of an organisation supplying services or products to membership organisations, the person must advise the AAE, and the membership will be changed to a "Partner Associate Member" specifically for suppliers, by the AAE team.
4. Members commitment
A. Members agree to receive:
- Association Insights magazine every 3 months (by email or post at the discretion of AAE)
- eNewsletter, max. of 2 per month
- Resource Library update email, every 2 weeks
- Services / events email, every 2 weeks
- Postal mailing, max. every 3 months
- Two calls to introduce events / services that match the members' profile / interests
B. Members agree to complete every six months:
- One research call of 10-20 minutes
- One standard or bechmarking survey
- One submission of content to the Resource Library (for sharing with other members, eg. best practice documents, manuals, checklists, SOPs, guidelines, task lists, flowcharts, policies, Job role specifications)
- Update of their Personal and Organisation member profile
5. Membership cancellation
- You may cancel their membership anytime by contacting AAE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any member benefits and rights including access to, or special prices for future events or services that you may have bought or registered for will cease on receipt of your cancellation notice, and any fees you have paid be retained by the AAE.
6. Competition and Prize Draw Rules
- All prize draws and competitions which are associated with AAE are subject to separate terms and conditions.
- Prize draws are not open to employees, contractors, representatives or agents of AAE.
- These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by AAE.
- Any fees displayed on the AAE website or provided in any communication or call are subject to change without notice.
- The AAE reserves the right to change the price of events, products and services from time-to-time, including services that members are subscribed to which may be changed at the time a re-subscription.
- AAE liability to its members will not extend to any membership related benefits, goods or services provided by any third party.
- AAE specifically excludes liability for any loss or damage suffered by a member as a result of her/his involvement in whatever manner with any third party.
- Reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided on our websites, in newsletters, and any other location or publication; however, neither we nor the authors can accept liability for errors and omissions.
9. Queries, complaints, comments
- The AAE will endeavor to respond within 48 hours to any complaint or query received. This may be an acknowledgement that we have received a complaint whilst further investigations are carried out. If you have any queries, comments or complaints about products and services please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you believe that any of the information AAE holds about you is incorrect or out of date, please log in and edit your information, and if the data is not editable, forward the accurate information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If members wish to obtain a copy of their personal data held by AAE, then please email email@example.com. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity and for any further information that might help AAE to locate the data you are seeking.
10. Force Majeure
- Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations by reason of matters beyond its control including, but not limited to, any act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes, or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure, postal delay, or any event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided.
11. Variations to this agreement
- AAE may change these terms and conditions at any time upon giving its members 14 days prior notice.
- The most recent edition of these terms and conditions will be binding upon AAE member, subscribers, and users.
- AAE Members may exit the contract if they do not accept any proposed variation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published in relation to any membership subscription between a member and AAE.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
- You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- A person who is not party to these terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Date: 22 January 2019