Benefits & Why Join
Benefits of joining
- Keep informed of news and critical information
- Receive education and training on best practice processes and skills
- Benchmark within the association community
- Network and engage with your peers and experts
- Develop your organisation and the services, products and events you provide your sector
- Enhance your career development
- Contribute to a vibrant community of association professionals
What you get
- Resource Library of Talks, Success stories, Expert briefings, articles, interviews and other content
- General news, Member news and Partner updates
- Careers advice, Jobs board postings, CV and Interim services promotion
- Directories: Consultants, and Partner suppliers from March 2019
- Online discussions pages
- AAE seminars and online meetings at no fee
- AAE events & training (not available to non-members)
- Association Insights magazine
- Resource Library content updates
- Free nominations to the Association Awards
- Service and event updates
- Discounts on various third-party events, training courses and services
Membership of the AAE is what we call 'contributory' and there is no charge. Members commit to contribute to the AAE and receive communications to the extent outlined below, and in return receive benefits.
Contribution of a small amount of time, with your advice and opinion, as well as profile information enables the AAE to focus its work and create paid-for events, education and products, as well as create a community of relevance.
Commitments when joining
Members agree to receive:
- Association Insights magazine every 3 months (by email or post at the discretion of AAE)
- eNewsletter, max. of 2 per month
- Resource Library update email, every 2 weeks
- Services / events email, every 2 weeks (event emails can be unsubscribed to on an individual basis)
- Postal mailing, max. every 3 months
- Two calls to introduce events / services that match the members' profile / interests
Members agree to complete, every six months:
- One research call of 10-20 minutes with a member of the AAE team
- One standard or benchmarking survey
- One submission of content to the Resource Library (for sharing with other members, eg. best practice documents, manuals, checklists, SOPs, guidelines, task lists, flowcharts, policies, Job role specifications)
- Update of their Personal and Organisation profile
- Feedback on services, content or events to enable the AAE to improve its offering
Who can join
Membership is open to employees and officers of membership organisations who are not suppliers or representatives of suppliers providing services or products to membership organisations.
Do I have to join the AAE in order to attend an event or buy a product or service?
Yes, you do need to join the AAE for this. Join here
Can I just Subscribe to news and other updates?
Yes you can. Subscribe here.
How can I contact the Membership Manager
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 8004 6312