Senior Technical & Regulatory Officer
|Closing date||22 January 2021|
The European Biodiesel Board (EBB) is a non-profit organization established in January 1997 grouping the major EU (European Union) biodiesel producers. The EBB promotes the use of biodiesel in the European Union (EU) and participates to the elaboration of the EU policies in the field of energy, climate change, renewable energies, transport, agriculture, and any other policy relevant for biodiesel.
To support the work of EBB in the field of standardisation, REACH, and regulatory affairs, we are on the lookout for a Senior Technical & Regulatory Officer.
Skills and requirements
- Master's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Experience and/or qualifications in chemistry for the automotive and/or mineral oil sectors.
- Experience and/or qualifications dealing with REACH.
- Good understanding of EU policy and/or standard making processes.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to present technical information in simple terms.
- Excellent time and project management skills are an asset.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, communication, networking, and negotiation skills.
- English is the working language of EBB, French and/or additional EU languages are a plus.
- EU national or have a valid permit to work in Belgium.
- Represent EBB interests in European Commission technical working groups, CEN standardisation committees.
- Liaising with European Institutions and key stakeholders of the Automotive industries, transport industries, EU Biofuels Value chain and NGOs.
- Ensuring the secretariat of the EBB Technical Working Group in collaboration with the Chairperson.
- Participation to the work of the policy and communication team and support the capacity of EBB to articulate technical messages.
- Technical analysis of relevant European directives and European Commission legislative proposals, defending strategic policy positions, lobbying, and influencing key decision makers.
- Support to the EBB member companies on technical issues, ensuring compliance and awareness of future changes of European standards and directives.
- Follow up all aspect related to the REACH registration of biodiesel and related substances and the organisation and coordination of the EBB REACH Consortium.
- A permanent position with an attractive salary package commensurate with experience.
- A dynamic international working environment.
- A stimulating set of tasks which have a real impact on the EU policy as well as on the European Biodiesel value chain.
How to apply
Please send in your CV and cover letter as one pdf file, with the subject line “Senior Technical & Regulatory officer: [your name]” to Mr. Xavier Noyon (EBB Secretary General) at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 22 January 2020 (midnight CET).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for interview, likely to occur during February 2021.