Project Manager - Education, Ethics & ECPC
|Closing date||29 May 2023|
|Location||Strasbourg, France or Brussels, Belgium|
The European Psychiatric Association is the largest international association of psychiatrists in Europe, with active members in 88 countries. It includes leading experts covering the interests of psychiatrists in academia and in practice. The EPA deals with psychiatry and its specialised disciplines, focuses on the improvement of care for the mentally ill and on the development of professional excellence. The EPA represents individual members, as well as 44 National Psychiatric Associations across Europe. Its main activity is the organisation of scientific events, in particular the European Congress of Psychiatry once a year in a European city.
We have a temporary vacancy for a dynamic, innovative, and well-organised Project Manager, who will be in charge of further developing the EPA activities in the field of continuous education, career development programmes, and ethics. The role includes daily contacts with members (psychiatrists) from across Europe belonging to EPA’s governance, different thematic committees, and with the administrative team working in Strasbourg and Brussels.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
1. Project Management of activities
- Prepare work plans, and evaluate EPA current and proposed projects with input and supervision of the EPA Executive Director and the respective Committee Chairs
- Implement and/or supervise the implementation of EPA current and future projects, in particular with regard to the EPA Online Educational Programme:
- Definition of the objectives, format, needs, budget, etc. of each EPA e-learning course (online platform, online courses, etc.)
- Assessment of technical / legal needs for the implementation of the activities
- Implementation and monitoring of e-learning and general educational activities
- Organise/supervise the organisation of various additional activities throughout the year in line with each Committee’s programme of activities and annual budget: Summer School, Leadership Academy, Exchange programme, surveys, etc.
- Explore, contact, and send RFPs for potential partners and third-party providers
- Develop, manage and monitor project budgets and expenses, in close collaboration with the EPA Executive Director and Director of Finance & Operations
- Identify external sources of funding (European institutions; industry sponsors, etc.) for EPA activities, and work with the Executive Director to draft applications when relevant
- Prepare communication and ensure implementation of plans for the promotion of ongoing activities
- Update or supervise the updating of the EPA website (and, if appropriate the EPA elearning platform) according to the current and ongoing activities
3. Administrative support to EPA Committees Education, Early Career Psychiatrists (ECP) & Ethics Committees
- Organise or supervise the organisation of meetings and teleconferences of the Committees and their task forces: prepare agendas, documents, presentations, minutes, etc.
- Ensure or supervise arrangements related to meeting logistics (hotel reservations, catering, etc.), and follow up as necessary
- Ensure internal communication between Committees / Task forces / EPA Offices
4. Support for the EPA Annual Congress
- Supervise the work related to the follow-up on the preparations of the dedicated ECP scientific programme at the Congress
- Liaise with the Education Committee and the Professional Congress Organiser for the organisation of the EPA Courses taking place at the Congress (selection process, onsite organisation and peer-review, data analysis following the Congress)
5. Collaboration and teamwork:
- Supervise the day-to-day work of team members providing support to Education, Ethics & ECPC work
- Contribute to a number of ongoing, cross-cutting, EPA projects
- Day-to-day interactions with the Executive Director and other team members for the purposes of smooth internal communications and work planning at all levels
- University degree in communications, project management, business administration or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in project management (ideally in the academic, scientific, or non-profit field)
- Excellent communication skills in English (fluent oral and written), with proven ability to write clearly and concisely with professional fluency
- Working knowledge of French required, other languages a plus
- Project management mindset and excellent organisational skills: ability to take initiative, multitask, prioritise and work under set deadlines or under pressure, flexible
- Strong collaborative skills: team-oriented, able to work with diverse and demanding groups of people
- At ease in multicultural and remote environments
- Full command of Microsoft Office/365 software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Comprehensive IT skills, including experience with online content and project management and design tools (e.g., WordPress, Moodle, CRMs, etc.) .
- Familiarity with digital technologies, with a hands-on, problem-solving approach
- Additional assets:
- Project management certification
- Knowledge of and experience with association and international environments
- Start ASAP
- Full time – 12-month temporary contract
- Based at either the EPA Administrative Office in Strasbourg, France, or the EPA Office in Brussels, Belgium (partial teleworking in either location possible under set conditions)
- Some travel in Europe, sometimes during weekends
- Small and dynamic multi-cultural team
- Remuneration and additional benefits to be discussed during interview, depending on experience
Please note: Candidates should have authorisation to work in France or Belgium.
Interviews will take place in person in Strasbourg or virtually in the first and second full weeks of June.
Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement; please do not apply if you are not fluent in English. English levels will be checked before any interviews are scheduled.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to Ms Margaret Walker at email@example.com [REF: EPA – PM Education 2023] by COB on 29th May 2023.
For more information on the EPA: https://www.europsy.net.