Operations & Business Development Director
|Closing date||01 September 2020|
This role requires someone who has experience of successfully generating income in a charity environment or can demonstrate that they would be able to do so, as the primary measure of success in this role will in the income generated for the charity to allow it to expand it’s operation.
This part time role working approximately 20 hours per week, would suit someone who wants to work flexibly. However you must be prepared to answer calls, e-mail respond to and direct charity support staff and charity business on most days, although core hours can be agreed. This may be a home based role with staff liaison being undertake vie video meetings and e-mail however it is expected that face to face meetings will be arranged by the Director at least monthly in a location central for all staff to minimise travel and travel costs. The Director may also be invited to attend some Trustee meetings which are held quarterly (currently by video but will be a mix of video and face to face).
- Taking calls and answering queries from staff, corporate members, branch offices, media and the general public
- Directing the improvement in corporate membership through a range of means
- Directing and promoting private/professional membership
- Directing and introducing income generation through the website, charity magazine, donations/legacies and any other income streams proposed and agreed by the Trustees
- Directing the completion of the Backcare HOP7 publication and subsequent publication and revenue generation
- Keeping in touch with branches
- Directing the maintenance and improvement of the charity website
- Directing and improving the Backcare helpline for people with backpain
- Ensuring that there is a robust process in place for taking orders for charity goods and that they are despatched
- Ensuring that any complaints are investigated and responded to
- Directing the quarterly magazine editor to ensure publication on timeframe
- Ensuring that the maximum advantage is derived from events such as the London marathon, and Ride London and any other events proposed and agreed by the Trustees
- Direct and imporve the charities social media presence.
- Providing a monthly report to the Chairman and the trustees
- Arranging and attending a bi-monthly video meeting to discuss the charity direction with nominated Trustees
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills as well as experience working at director level successfully. It would be an advantage to have worked within a charity environment, have evidence of successful fundraising in the past and a degree or professional qualification
How to apply
To apply, please send your cv with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org