Online Communications Manager
|Closing date||31 January 2023|
The Aerospace, Security and Defence Industries Association of Europe, ASD, is looking for a mid- to senior-level Communications Manager with a special focus on Online Communications, to join its international team in Brussels. In this newly created position, you will develop the content creation, storytelling and management of ASD’s online presence (Umbraco CMS and Social Media). You will be part of the Communications team and report to the Communications Director. Starting date: As soon as possible.
ASD is the voice of European Aerospace, Security and Defence Industries, representing directly or indirectly (through our national association members) over 3,000 companies of all sizes from 18 European countries with 879,000 employees. ASD develops and advocates for common industry positions, with the objective to promote the competitiveness of the sector in times of fast technological and societal changes. The European Aerospace, Security and Defence Industries are a key enabler of a sustainable, technologically sovereign and resilient Europe. As high technology and strategic domains, they are global drivers of innovation.
Key areas of responsibilities
Working areas will include both internal and external communication, mainly for our website and social media channels. An important part for you will be to raise the awareness of the value of membership towards our 3.000 indirect members, so experience from Internal Communications is an asset.
In particular, the Online Communications Manager shall:
- Create content for multiple stakeholders, to be communicated via multiple channels in an aligned way;
- Proactively engage with different stakeholders within ASD/membership for story-enterprising and -telling;
- Raise awareness of the added value of ASD membership;
- Explore/enable synergies with members’ activities;
- Ensure all content is of the highest standards in terms of language, tonality, and messaging;
- Create general texts as well as simplify very tech
Background and experience
- Relevant university degree in communications;
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of standard Content Management Systems, CMS;
- Knowledge of Umbraco is a plus;
- Knowledge of SEO and Google analytics as well as social media analytics;
- Social media experience in terms of content creation and distribution;
- Experience regarding both internal and external communication platforms;
- Experience in addressing different stakeholders and adapt content accordingly.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent writing and editorial skills;
- Native English;
- Content creation and Storytelling;
- Social Media;
- Ability to deal with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, and ensure their needs are met;
- Creation of Newsletters and graphic content/Infographics is an asset;
- Knowledge of our sectors is a plus;
- Experience from an industry association or a matrix, multi-national organization is an advantage;
- Good team player and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to take on other tasks in a small communications team.
You are an experienced digital communicator used to deal with all challenges related to content creation/story-enterprising and -telling, and online editing. As a person, you are creative, engaged, proactive and attentive to details. You are curious and eager to engage with our stakeholders in order to maximize your work. You stay up to date with trends, industry changes and best practice.
At ASD we strongly believe in inclusivity, fairness, and diversity. You will work in a truly international, dynamic environment with engaged and skilled colleagues of different nationalities in the heart of the EU quarters. We offer a full-time permanent job to start as soon as possible with an attractive employment contract, including a competitive salary and benefits.
How to apply
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Online Communications Manager”.
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2023.
ASD anticipates a high number of applications, therefore only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.