Head of UK Office
|Closing date||16 August 2020|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
The Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA) is recruiting for a Head of its UK Office. This is an incredibly exciting time for Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) which is recognised as an essential technology if the UK is to deliver on its net zero climate target. In response the CCSA is expanding its team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive to develop and deliver an impactful UK work programme that supports the CCSA members to commercially deploy CCUS.
Head of UK Office
The Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA) supports the deployment of CCUS technologies to reduce CO2 emissions and support the transition to a net zero economy. The CCSA members are drawn from a wide range of sectors and organisations that are active in progressing CCUS technologies.
This is an exciting time for CCUS and it is widely recognised as essential to reach net zero emissions. In response, the CCSA wishes to expand its staff and appoint a Head of UK office to lead on its UK- activities.
- Lead, in partnership with the Chief Executive and CCSA Board, on developing the UK strategy and work programme of the association.
- Develop a work programme that meets the requirements of CCSA members and key stakeholders. Take responsibility for delivering the key outputs including; development of reports, organising of meetings, dissemination of conclusions, etc.
- Proactively build and maintain a strong, broad network of stakeholders active in the relevant policy areas including, climate, industry and energy.
- Represent the CCUS industry to relevant bodies, including UK government, regulators, industry, researchers, civil society, etc.
- Build deep expertise on the policy, regulatory and technical developments that impact CCUS. Ensure the timely and effective communication of developments to members.
- Manage a small team of staff working on UK activities. Maintain a strong and highly collaborative relationship with staff working in the CCSA Brussels office.
The person required for this role will be expected to demonstrate some or all of the following qualifications, attributes and experience:
- Education to degree level in an appropriate discipline and a deep understanding of energy systems and / or decarbonisation pathways.
- Excellent knowledge of UK energy, industrial and environmental policy areas and experience in the UK policy development process.
- Experience of commercial and regulatory frameworks and how they support deployment of CCUS technologies.
- Understanding of the technical principles of CCUS and its potential role to reduce CO2 emissions across the economy.
- Personable with the ability to form positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of formulating and being responsible for the delivery of work programmes
- High level of self-motivation
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com