Head of Brussels Office
|Closing date||23 October 2020|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
We’re looking for a Head of Brussels Office to lead our public policy advocacy and outreach to EU institutions, to provide technical support to EUnited’s industrial Sectors, as well as to handle operational administration of the Association Head Office in Brussels.
The chosen candidate will be based in Brussels full time. The ideal candidate for this position will have deep experience in public policy and have a background in law, economics, engineering, or political science. He or she will work closely with EUnited’s industrial Sectors and will report to the Management Board made up of EUnited’s Members.
What You'll Do
- Lead EUnited’s policy and government affairs efforts and serve as the face of EUnited in Brussels vis à vis the institutions, industry groups and civil society stakeholders;
- Collaborate with EUnited’s members to develop and execute an advocacy strategy which supports all industry Sectors represented by EUnited;
- Collaborate with individual EUnited Sectors to provide support on technical regulations and standards affecting them;
- Maintain and develop strong network of contacts in the institutions and among other stakeholder
- Together with an Office Assistant, execute all administrative and financial obligations on behalf of the Head office in Brussels, including, but not limited to:
- Preparation and participation in Management Board Meetings;
- Preparation and participation in Annual meeting/General Assembly;
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Reports.
What We Look For
- A proven track record in Government or Regulatory Affairs with a University Degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU legislative process and an affinity with technical regulations and standardisation;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English (other languages a plus), and excellent interpersonal skills (a bridge-builder & door-opener);
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information its intended audience;
- A strong affinity with social media in a business context;
- Experience of Management of a team and budget.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV by clicking on this link and answering all questions by 6pm on 23rd October 2020. Please note that due to the high number of applications, we cannot always respond to all applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity EUnited does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.