|Closing date||18 September 2022|
About the European Society of Endocrinology
At the European Society of Endocrinology, we’re working together to develop and share the best knowledge in endocrine science and medicine. We’re shaping the future of endocrinology to improve science, knowledge and health across Europe and beyond. Improving our science will make patient care better. By uniting, supporting and representing our community, we can help drive better medical outcomes throughout endocrinology. Sharing knowledge, promoting best practice, influencing policy, and enabling collaboration are crucial to how we go about our work. Together, these approaches mean we sit at the centre of Europe’s endocrine community.
We strongly believe in recruiting and developing the highest quality of staff in order to meet our goals. You will be working with a small and dedicated team, and we are confident that you will find the work both rewarding and enjoyable. The Head Office is in Bristol, United Kingdom with a second base in Brussels, Belgium.
We are looking for energetic, forward thinking and dedicated individual to join our team.
Purpose of the job
The Governance Executive will play a key role in providing support and administration across the governance processes. You will be a key contact point and provide support to the trustees who are based across Europe. You will be a very highly organised and diligent professional with an eye for detail, strong administrative and communication skills, together with a strong knowledge and understanding of charity governance and administrative management. You will also play a key role in planning the governance calendar and in recording the minutes of the meetings. You will plan, organise and manage meetings of the trustees, committees and management and you will be expected to attend relevant meetings and prepare and disseminate documentation in an efficient, timely and effective manner. You will also establish pro-active working relationships with your team members and provide information in order to assist them in supporting their committees. You must be willing and able to work occasional additional hours and weekends in the UK and abroad.
- Provide administration of and maintenance of governing records and policy documents.
- Management and liaison with the trustees.
- Manage and administer the call for nominations and elections.
- Manage the arrangements for the Annual General Meeting and the Presidential networking events at the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE).
- Manage and administer the ESE Awards Programme.
- Scheduling meetings, co-ordinate diaries, source and book venues and ensure that all meeting documentation is prepared, communicated and managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend meetings and provide administrative support including taking minutes and actions.
- Provide administration support to the Governance and Office Manager and the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Excellent administration and organisational skills, together with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrable ability to write clear, concise and accurate documents to suit a range of purposes and audiences.
- Experience of working with committees, arranging and coordinating meetings and accurate minute taking.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a small and dedicated team, and to help out across the team as required.
Desirable skills/knowledge relevant to this role
- Strong research and investigative skills to provide information and clarification on matters to the trustees and management.
- Experience of working in the charity, not-for-profit sector, or with a membership association or professional body.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of general charity governance and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of analysing data and producing reports.
What you’ll get in return
You will be working in and contributing to a highly successful not for profit organisation, with strong vision, ambition and a fantastic culture and leadership team. A company pension scheme is available. 25 days holiday per year, raising one day each completed year to a maximum of 30 days. Free parking is also available at the Bristol Office. The salary is c£25,000-£30,000 per annum.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
The closing date is 18 September 2022. We will be assessing candidates as applications come in so please apply as soon as possible. Interviews for strong candidates may be held before the closing date. Initial interviews will be held by Zoom.