|Closing date||28 May 2020|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is an international non-profit association founded in 1970, located in Brussels and currently employing 15 people. It represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe with 28 members representing 2.800 banks. Co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 209 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs with a total average market share of about 20%. Further information on the association is available on www.eacb.coop.
We are looking for a General Manager who is responsible for directing and shaping EACB’s policy agenda representing the interests of European co-operative banks. The focus will be on promoting co-operative banking and values as well as influencing legislative, supervisory and other European initiatives in the field of financial policy. The General Manager will work in close cooperation with the EACB president and the EACB Board and report to the Executive Committee.
His or her portfolio will comprise of the following tasks:
- Policy: Overseeing the monitoring of European legislative/regulatory, supervisory and other initiatives affecting co-operative banks; planning and delivering of EACB’s policy activities for the benefit of its members;
- Operations: Managing the EACB’s office and leading a highly qualified team in Brussels; preparing meetings of the Board and Executive Committee; giving advice to the Board and the Executive Committee on all aspects of the organization’s strategic development;
- Budget: Management of the budget of the EACB and regular reporting to the EACB Board on budgetary issues;
- Communication and Networking: Establishing and maintaining essential networks (with officials of the European Commission, European Parliament, Council, ECB, ESAs, EFRAG and other relevant bodies as well as EACB member organizations); ensuring that the EACB is seen as a key player in the legislative process; willingness to participate in all relevant events in Brussels placing of EACB messages highlighting co-operative banks’ interests in the media. Organising meetings between EU representatives and members of the Board, the Executive Committee or the Working Groups;
- Gender neutrality: The General manager is expected to ensure gender neutrality within the EACB.
- University degree (Master’s level) preferably in law, economics, business administration, European studies or public policy and sound knowledge of EU regulations,
- Senior executive with leadership skills and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the area of advocacy/public affairs, regulation and policy advice within the European Union, Strong expertise in banking and financial regulation and thorough knowledge of EU institutions and EU decision making processes;
- Good technical skills on banking issues;
- Networking experience and recognised within the community in Brussels;
- Good knowledge of cooperative banks and understanding of the specificities of co-operative banks/banking groups in Europe and worldwide;
- Fluent (spoken and written) English, good command of French, and if possible German ; knowledge of other official languages of the European Union is appreciated;
- Diplomatic conduct, excellent communication skills with all the stakeholders, write in a structured and clear manner;
- Strong capacity for work, initiative and action;
- Vision and charisma.
We offer an attractive remuneration package (contract under Belgium law) as well as fringe benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with the following documents enclosed:
- Motivation letter;
- Detailed CV;
- References that you consider relevant for the position.