|Closing date||29 May 2020|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
The European Nutrition for Health Alliance (ENHA) is looking for an experienced Executive Director to supervise all strategic and operational aspects of the Charity. ENHA leads the Optimal Nutritional Care for All campaign implemented in collaboration with 18 countries across Europe. You will be in charge of the Charity’s daily operations including finance and responsible for giving proper strategic direction as well as for growth, development and overall success of campaigns and other programs and actions decided by the Charity. You will be end-responsible for the Charity’s achievements and report to the ENHA Board of Trustees.
About ENHA and ONCA
The European Nutrition for Health Alliance (ENHA) supports translation and implementation of scientific research outcomes and expertise in health and nutrition, https://european-nutrition.org
In 2014, ENHA launched a campaign to this end. Its Optimal Nutritional Care for All (ONCA) campaign is a multi-stakeholder initiative that aims to facilitate greater nutritional screening for patients at risk of disease-related malnutrition/undernutrition as well as to improve nutritional care implementation across Europe. The campaign is rolled out in 18 European countries by multi-disciplinary national platforms of professional societies, associations and patient groups who work together to develop good practices in care, research, education and awareness.
Key outcomes include:
- Good practices of national implementation of (mandatory) nutritional screening, care and education.
- Sharing of innovative nutritional care implementation projects.Nutritional care and/or education programs in many of the member countries.
- A substantial increase of commitment by national governments.Improved reimbursement for medical nutrition and dietetic care.
- Access to nutritional advice.
- Patient experience stories.
- Patient versions of nutritional guidelines.
The campaign undertakes activities, both off- and online, such as (digital) surveys and dissemination, workshops and conferences to engage European health care professionals, patients and decisionmakers, share knowledge and drive collaboration.
- Lead the Optimal Nutritional Care for All (ONCA) Campaign and adopt strategies to position nutritional care higher on the health agenda at EU and national level.
- Maintain a deep interest and knowledge of the European health and nutrition arena.Develop high quality Charity (multi-year) strategies and operational plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Oversee all operations and Charity activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Secure continued financial stability of ENHA by securing financial support and in-kind contributions to run campaigns.
- Make high-quality investment and allocation decisions to advance activities and increase outputs.
- Market and extend the brand; including the Charity itself, current and coming campaigns.Train, lead and motivate team members, develop a high performing team.
- Report formally at least twice a year to the Board of Trustees.
- Enforce adherence to legal and governance guidelines as well as in-house policies to align with and maintain the Charity’s legality and ethics.
- End-responsible for the financial and non-financial administration and reporting to the Charity’s Board of Trustees and Members.
- Build trust relations and an effective collaboration with the Board of Trustees, in particular the Board’s co-Chairs.Build and maintain trust and effective work relations with the Charity’s members, professional societies, patient organisations, authorities, industry and other current and new key stakeholders.Anticipate and analyse problematic situations and secure the Charity’s survival and growth.
- Strong content strategist and leader with solid understanding and track record in Clinical Nutrition, preferably with several years of academic, clinical or industry experience.
- Preferably experience with clinical implementation of Clinical Nutrition e.g. as PEN leader, national industry group leader, academic leader
- Experience in C-level/ Executive environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in an international, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proven track-record of leading multi-stakeholder partnerships and campaigns successfully.Experience in developing effective top down and bottom up strategies and implementing mission.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable to operate in and around European institutions in Brussels. Established network in Brussels an advantage.
- Familiarity with corporate finance and performance management principles.Knowledge and know-how of governance and management good practices.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and serving leadership skills.
- Outstanding knowledge and skills in marketing, communication and social media, and PR Self-motivated, service-oriented, flexible and able to prioritize with an eye for detail.
- MSc/MA in a relevant field.Excellent writing, communication and public speaking skills in English.
- International travel.
What ENHA offers
- A leadership position in an established European Charity with key European member organisations like ESPEN, EuGMS, EFAD and partner patient organisations in nutrition and health like the European Patient Forum and the European Cancer Patients Coalition.
- An active, established collaboration with national platforms of professional societies, patient groups, health authorities and other stakeholders in 18 countries across Europe.
- An established awareness campaign ‘Optimal Nutritional Care for All’.
- A working environment and high-level peer support to accelerate the Charity’s activities and together with the members and partners, improve nutritional care for patients across Europe.
- 3-4 days a week.
- A remuneration package that is competitive for European non-governmental organisations.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV plus letter of motivation in English by 29 May, 2020 to Frank de Man, current ENHA Executive Director (email: email@example.com) with the subject ‘Executive Director’. Please note that a reference check is part of the selection process.
For further information on this position please contact Olle Ljungqvist, ENHA chair (email: Olle.Ljungqvist@oru.se) or Frank de Man, see above.