Events Project Coordinator
|Role||Conferences / Events|
EAGE’s main activities consist of the organization of conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and courses worldwide. We also publish the monthly magazine First Break for our members, scientific journals as well as many other scientific books that are available in our (online) Bookshop. We are an international organization with 19,000 members all over the world. The majority of our members work in the oil, gas, and mining industries. EAGE’s main goal is to share knowledge, promote innovation and technical progress, and foster communication, fellowship, and cooperation between those working in, studying, or otherwise being interested in these fields. We have over 90 employees worldwide, with offices in The Netherlands (Europe office), Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, and Bogota.
What are your tasks and responsibilities
The Events Project Coordinator is responsible for the organization and realization of EAGE events conferences, workshops, courses, and exhibitions. This Events Project Coordinator role will work on various events and take responsibility for several associated activities.
- You will be responsible for organizing all aspects of (smaller) events from a logistical and operational standpoint.
- You will take a lead role in organizing larger adjacent activities as part of our larger events, including a variety of large-scale social events and a number of tours, meetings, and networking activities.
- To work within an Agile team, with a strong focus on deliverable tasks and tight schedule management.
- You will be responsible for maintaining relations and contact with all concerned stakeholders; venues, suppliers, committees etc.
- You initiate and coordinate the promotion and communication of the event in cooperation with the communication specialist within the team.
- You will ensure that all digital materials related to the event, including the website, are kept up-to-date with all the latest information.
- You are responsible for budgeting, cost control, and budget management of your event, or specified activities.
What qualifications do you need?
- Minimum of HBO level, or international equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience with large-scale international events, preferably within a similar organization.
- Experience with organizing social events of a variety of sizes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with working with a variety of different stakeholders, including but not limited to Committees, other departments, and stakeholders.
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Strong budget management skills
For this position, we are looking for a proactive team player with strong organizational skills, who is accurate and has a hands-on mentality. We are also open to those who are returning or who want to change course. Nor is it necessary to speak Dutch.
- A competitive salary;
- 30 paid holiday days per year;
- Non-contributory pension;
- Personal training budget;
- Contribution to a sports club