Events Co-ordinator / Training Co-ordinator
|Closing date||31 May 2022|
|Role||Conferences / Events|
The European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) are a leading scholarly society concerned with the research and teaching of political science in Europe. We are headquartered in the UK and have a global membership network.
About the role
We are looking for an Events Coordinator and a Training Coordinator to assist with the planning, management, and delivery of ECPR’s portfolio of education courses and events. You will join the Events Team at a time of transformational change for ECPR, but particularly for the department, as we incorporate our activities into virtual and hybrid environments.
You will be a self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and plenty of drive who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment. Strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy, and an ability to work autonomously whilst delivering to high standards are key requirements for the roles. You will have first-rate communication and organisational skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility and gain the trust of our academic standing groups and networks, sub-committee officers, stakeholders, and staff alike.
These roles are challenging and demanding, so previous event or teaching and learning administration experience is essential; experience of virtual or hybrid events, particularly in the HE sector would be advantageous.
What we are looking for
- Self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Previous event or teaching and learning administration experience
- Experience of virtual or hybrid events, particularly in the HE sector, would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- First-rate communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, whilst delivering to a high standard
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and gain trust of stakeholders
- Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally with possible multiple overnight stays away from home
- Generous pension (double employee contribution up to a maximum of 16%)
- Employee benefits package including Cycle to Work Scheme, Workplace Nursery Scheme and 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 27 after two years’ service. Plus bank holidays
- Enhanced sickness benefits
- Training and Development opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a 2-minute video statement or 1 page cover letter addressing your suitability for these roles. Applications can be made here and videos/cover letters should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org