|Closing date||31 May 2023|
|Role||Conferences / Events|
EIASM is looking for an EVENT MANAGER for the practical organisation of some of its doctoral seminars, workshops and conferences.
Her/His role will be to
- Inform Chair(s) on standard practices and handle contacts with them on conditions (venue, dates, papers …);
- Promote the events to various target groups;
- Follow up on submissions, reviewing and notifications and registration processes;
- Circulate information and documents to the participants (programme, joining instructions…);
- Make practical arrangements for events (meeting rooms and equipment, lunches and dinners, hotel reservations, event packs...);
- Welcome participants, support Chair(s) and be available during the events;
- Follow-up on budgets and incoming and outgoing payments;
- Contribute to the operations, document and update the processes in order to ensure continuity of the activities and continuous quality improvement of the events.
This position implies a 0,8 to 1 fte job (i.e., 4 or 5 days per week, 7 hours per day) and involves some travel for events and institutional activities of EIASM in accordance with EIASM’s policies. The event manager will be working in team with senior event managers and coordinators. The event manager will have, in the medium term, to take charge of a portfolio of events, managed under her/his responsibility. The distribution of the activities is not regular throughout the year, but peaks before and around the event seasons (mainly spring and fall). Hence the EIASM event manager is given the flexibility to allocate her/his working time to compensate periods of heavy workload with periods of more minor activity. Partial teleworking i
Required qualification and key competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Experience in a non-for-profit organisation or a university setting preferred/desirable;
- Organisational, management and team-work skills;
- Social and communication skills;
- Flexible, motivated, result driven and proactive;
- Fluency in written and oral English and proficiency in at least one other European language desirable (French or Dutch particularly helpful);
- Strong IT skills: Office, web admin, apps, automation, digital transformation, social media.
EIASM offers attractive employment conditions and benefits, commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Starting date: The successful candidate is expected to start in June 2023.
s implemented within EIASM (2 days per week).
How to apply
Please send asap your CV with a cover letter via e-mail to Professor Jerome Chabanne-Rive, EIASM Executive Director (email@example.com).
Only candidates whose profile match the job requirements will be contacted. Interviews will take place during second fortnight of May, in Brussels.