Educational and Scientific Programme Coordinator
|28 March 2024
|Brussels or Hybrid, anywhere in Europe
|Education / Professional development
The European Pain Federation EFIC® is a multidisciplinary professional organisation in the field of pain research and medicine, consisting of the 38 chapters of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP®) in Europe. Established in 1993, The European Pain Federation EFIC constituent chapters represent close to 20,000 physicians, basic researchers, nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists and other healthcare professionals across Europe, who are involved in pain management and pain research.
The Educational and Scientific Program coordinator oversees all programme coordination aspects of EFIC’s principle education and scientific projects, namely its scientific congress (‘Pain in Europe), EFIC Academy and the Virtual Pain Education Summit (online education).
Oversee and support the scientific programme coordination for the EFIC congress, working with the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) Chair to:
- Oversee all speaker and chair coordination and communication to ensure directions from the scientific programme committee are executed clearly.
- Continues liaison with the chair and members of the programme committee, moderators, speakers and the PCO
- Follow up on all speaker changes or cancellations and communicate immediately with the SPC Chair to find a solution.
- Administrative tasks related to speaker training and programme development meetings.
- Support the administration of key congress processes and milestones such as the submitted workshop review, the abstract review, poster presentation formats, and special workshop format development.
- Coordinate with the EFIC communications team to ensure all programme updates are integrated within communication and marketing plans.
- Represent the SPC and programme development aspects within EFIC meetings including regular staff meetings and Executive Board updates.
- Support the development of the post-congress survey.
Oversee and support the educational programme coordination for the EFIC virtual pain education summit and EFIC Academy, working with the Programme Committee Chairs to:
- Oversee all speaker and chair communication to ensure directions from the SPC are executed clearly.
- Follow up on all speaker changes or cancellations and communicate immediately with the Programme Chairs and track leaders to find a solution.
- Manage and maintain the online learning platform (Moodle based, training will be provided by EFIC)
Skills and Profile
- Impeccable language skills with a fluent command of both spoken and written English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while demonstrating excellent time management.
- Meticulous eye for details.
- Resourceful, self-initiated, takes ownership of job tasks, and ability to work independently, self-disciplined.
- Proactive disposition, with an energetic, driven growth mindset.
- Advanced administrative and computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, familiarity with online meetings tools, survey tools and familiarity with congress speaker management platforms.
- Experience of working with learning management systems such as Moodle.
- Scientific background
- Familiarity with home-recording practices and virtual event management.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the area of events, academic training management or similar. Experience with the organization of virtual and hybrid online events would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in coordination of large-scale operations. The job requires coordination with 300 speakers.
- Ideally holds a professional or academic bachelor degree.
About the EFIC Congress
Our biennial congress give access to leading lecturers and a scientific programme consisting of the latest evidence-based and best-practice-based medicine in all relevant disciplines in the field of pain management. The 14th Congress of the European Pain Federation, Pain in Europe XIV, will take place in Lyon, France, from 24 April to 26 April 2025. This major biennial gathering brings together the most recognised experts in the field of pain medicine to exchange knowledge, ideas, and the latest advances in the field.
About the EFIC Virtual Pain Education Summit
Our biennial virtual pain education summit is a purely educational event for clinicians working in the field of pain management. A multi and inter-disciplinary programme with content tailored towards physicians, nurses, physiotherapists and psychologists. Accessible anywhere via a virtual platform – taking place 28-29 November 2024.