Director of Regulation & Competition
|Closing date||30 June 2021|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
ecta, the european competitive telecommunications association, is the pan-European pro-competitive trade association that represents more than 100 of the leading challenger telecoms operators and digital solutions providers across Europe. For more than two decades, ecta has been supporting the regulatory and commercial interests of telecoms operators, ISPs & equipment manufacturers in pursuit of a fair regulatory environment that allows all electronic communications providers to compete on level terms. Our members have been and are among the leading innovators in Internet services, broadband, business communications, entertainment and mobile.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinating and animating ecta working groups or specific policy projects.
- Preparing briefings, policy positions and responses to relevant public consultations in collaboration with ecta's members.
- Informing members of key policy and regulatory developments.
- Managing research projects, studies and benchmarking exercises.
- Representing ecta at meetings, public hearings and conferences.
- Supporting ecta members on major regulatory issues at national and European level.
- Managing relationships with and organizing meetings between representatives from EU institutions and ecta members.
- Contributing to the arrangement of ecta's flagship events such as the annual ecta Regulatory Conference.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the Director.General.
- In depth knowledge of regulation applying to the electronic communications sector and/or adjoining sectors and a clear understanding of and interest in competition policy.
- At least 7 -10 years’ experience working for an operator, a regulator, the European Commission or a Government.
- A university degree in law or economics.
- Knowledge of the European institutions and the EU legislative process and, preferably established contacts in the relevant EU and/or national institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills and the ability to build relations with policy-makers as well as ecta’s wide member-base of telecoms operators.
- Team-minded, flexible and with a consensual approach and able to work well in a small team.
- First class written and verbal communications skills in English, and preferably proficiency in French.
- Positive attitude, friendly personality and outstanding diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Assertive, pro-active and able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to cope with pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with various simultaneous demands.
- Upholding the highest ethical standards at all times, with high integrity and loyalty, and showing discretion and professionalism.
Will be considered as a plus
- Work experience at the European Commission DG-Connect.
- Proficiency in other EU languages.
We offer a competitive salary in line with skill levels and experience, plus a comprehensive package of benefits in a vibrant, meaningful and empowered working environment.