Digital Engagement Coordinator
|Closing date||17 February 2023|
About the role
You will help ensure the smooth and effective implementation of ECPR’s marketing strategy across all channels whilst maximising opportunities for raising profile and increasing engagement.
As a champion for all things digital, you will look after ECPR’s social media platforms and create content that is innovative and striking whilst maintaining the legacy of the brand, to keep the community informed, supported and involved.
You will contribute to the overall work of the Communications team, supporting members as needed to ensure ECPR always provides outstanding service to members, supporters, and other stakeholders.
Although the role has traditionally been office-based, ECPR has worked hard to ensure systems are in place to appropriately support the physical and mental wellbeing of staff during remote working.
We are looking for a creative and digital savvy self-starter with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
You will be armed with best practices in digital marketing to produce exciting multimedia content for a range of audiences.
You will thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment, managing numerous projects and deadlines with ease. You will work equally well autonomously, collaboratively and under supervision.
This is a key role within the department, with plenty of scope for creativity and project-based working. Strong experience or knowledge of digital marketing is essential; candidates that can demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to developing within the role will be evaluated strongly.
The role would be well suited to a proactive and professional problem-solver looking to unlock their creative potential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the annual marketing strategy
- Provide general marketing support to ECPR Standing Groups and Research Networks, publications and membership
- Keep the ECPR’s communications planner updated with key dates and deadlines for all internal and external activities that have a bearing on marketing activities
- Keep abreast with latest developments across digital platforms and suggest new marketing initiatives
- Help grow ECPR’s digital output through supporting the creation of multi-media content (e.g. imagery, video, audio, copy) across all activities, for internal and external use
- Systemise and upkeep ECPR’s media library, with a particular focus on photography
- Systematically review and ensure accuracy of written content
- Create, schedule and ensure continuous output across ECPR’s social media channels to complement other marketing and communications initiatives
- Monitor and facilitate engagement across ECPR’s social media channels
- Act as a point of contact for queries relating to social media, both direct enquiries and user comments
- Monitor and grow social media following across all channels
- Support the production and delivery of email marketing campaigns by creating and structuring content
- Gather content and support the creation of news pieces for ecpr.eu website whilst ensuring their consistent publication
Research and data
- In consultation with ECPR’s Data Analyst and relevant teams, gather data for event highlights and year-end reports
- Monitor and keep record of social media and email communication analytics
- Support the production of ECPR reports
Website and brand
- Proactively monitor, test and update content across the ecpr.eu website
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure key dates, processes and updates are implemented and executed on time
- Produce marketing materials and merchandise, as required
- Ensure the ECPR brand is applied correctly and consistently across all platforms and communication channels, both internal and external
- Help protect and uphold the reputation and integrity of the ECPR brand
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the purpose and remit of the post
- Embrace our corporate values, mission and vision in everything we do
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and in adherence to ECPR’s Code of Conduct
- Follow the ECPR’s Health and Safety policy. Under Health and Safety legislation, all employees have a duty of care to act responsibly so as not to endanger themselves or others
- Attend events, functions and meetings representing ECPR and its interests. This may involve international travel and overnight stays away from home
Education and training
- Good general education, typically to Higher/A-Level equivalent
- Willingness to undertake training and ongoing professional development
- Using social media and email communications to engage audiences
- Good understanding of best practices and latest trends in digital marketing and experience in applying thereof
- Delivering marketing projects and email marketing campaigns
- Utilising a range of social media and email marketing platforms and tools
- Creating digital content for a range of audiences
- Previous experience in working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Measuring and analysing digital engagement trends using analytics tools
Abilities and competencies
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Sound knowledge of essential photography and photo/video editing
- Writing copy for print and digital platforms
- Ability to work both under close direction for completion of specific tasks, and autonomously on self-led projects bringing in other internal and external stakeholders where necessary
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Production of general marketing collateral
- Good working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, SEO and analytic tools
- A working knowledge of health and safety practices
- Flexible approach to working hours and arrangements
- Commitment to the principles of equal opportunities and diversity
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the vision and mission of ECPR
- Sound understanding of GDPR requirements and processes
- Commitment to and understanding of ECPR’s values as they apply to your role and the work you do
- Prepare to act as key holder