Digital Communications Manager
Today, the European chemical industry is indispensable to modern life, producing the building blocks and high-tech materials on which modern societies are built. Our molecules and materials are used in every industry, from agriculture to construction, food and beverages, energy, health care and medicines, machinery, textiles, hospitals and transportation. We deliver a range of solutions needed to deliver the EU Green Deal, from better batteries, solar panels, wind turbines and smarter, more energy efficient materials. Cefic supports the EU Green Deal and Europe’s ambition to become climate neutral by 2050. Cefic’s Mid-Century Vision illustrates our views on pathways to a more sustainable future.
The European Union’s chemical sector employs 1.2 million highly qualified people directly in 28,000 companies. The chemical sector supports around 19 million jobs across all supply chains. It generates more than €540 billion a year in sales and €170 billion in European value added. Our industry has embraced corporate social responsibility, ethical behaviour and the principles of Responsible Care.
Cefic’s 670 members and affiliates form one of the most active networks of the business community, complemented by partnerships with industry associations representing various sectors in the value chain
For its Public Affairs department, Cefic is looking for a (m/f/d): Digital Communications Manager.
Mission of the role
Are you interested in being the first to see where chemical innovations are taking place and telling the world what the EU chemical industry is doing to make a transition to help Europe achieve the Green Deal goals? Are you passionate about communicating on innovation and sustainability? We are seeking a digital communications manager with strong copywriting and graphic design skills and ability to develop versatile content for web and social media to strengthen our Public Affairs team.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in Cefic’s newly enhanced public affairs team, working closely with other communications team members responsible for media relations and events, and with the advocacy teams working with the EU institutions, to ensure Cefic remains well connected to relevant areas of the growing EU policy agenda.
The content focus of this role will be the key topics within the EU Green Deal including climate neutrality, circular economy, resource efficiency, Safe and Sustainable-by-Design chemicals, chemical recycling, digitalisation, as well as the regulatory environment concerning implementation of chemicals legislation.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
You will closely work with Cefic’s Sustainability Forum and Innovation Team to ensure optimal visibility of the industry’s solutions to a climate neutral, resource efficient and circular Europe. More specifically, you will:
- Develop overall content and distribution strategies for priority topics and projects within Innovation and Sustainability teams;
- Come up with relevant content ideas to generate visibility, engagement and traffic on relevant webpages and on social networks;
- Create content adapted to the different communication channels (blog articles, website content, social media posts, written media interviews and Q&A);
- In collaboration with Cefic Digital Communications Manager develop editorial calendar for social media promotion of the Innovation and Sustainability topics;
- Advise several sector groups within Cefic on communication activities and implement those actions, including content production and publishing for their respective websites (articles, blogposts) and social media channels (editorial calendar, Twitter and LinkedIn posts, images or video);
- Set KPIs for your work, monitor impact of your communications activities and report about results to the sector group leadership (using Google Analytics, social media listening tools etc.);
- If needed, liaise with and coordinate activities of external contactors (e.g. web development and SEO, video production);
- Be part of the Cefic events organisation team and help organise online and physical events for members and external stakeholders (on innovation and sustainability topics);
- Develop impactful Power Point presentations for internal and external audiences on various topics relevant for Cefic Public Affairs team;
- Collaborate closely with the colleagues from the Cefic Public Affairs team to ensure alignment of topics and actions with other public affairs initiatives.
- You have a master’s degree in marketing, communication, or a related field;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in communications and/or marketing;
- You have excellent copywriting skills (in English);
- You can easily adapt content to the target audience and different channels and have experience translating complex topics into clear and concise copy accessible by non-expert audience;
- You have strong graphic design skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, etc.);
- You have experience with CMS and web publishing;
- You are passionate about sustainability, especially in the context of EU policy;
- You enjoy working in a multicultural and multilingual international environment;
- You are highly collaborative with strong teamworking spirit;
- Desirable: Knowledge of EU policy landscape and decision-making processes; experience in a Brussels-based trade associations, consultancy, NGO or in-house EU public affairs team;
- Desirable: knowledge and experience of Google Analytics and social media listening tools (e.g. Meltwater, Sprout Social, Brandwatch etc.).
What we offer
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs;
- Full time employment contract, competitive salary according to experience and several benefits;
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring).
How to apply
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae, quoting the reference DCMO-01, by 31 January 2023 to Cefic, Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Officer, Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels.
E-mail address: email@example.com.