|Closing date||16 September 2019|
|Location||Sutton, London (with international travel)|
|Role||Conferences / Events|
|Benefits||PRP + benefits|
As Congress Producer you will play a key role in ensuring the success of our biennial World Hydropower Congress (next congress due in May 2021). The job will involve the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- In-depth research of key subject areas and hot topics within the hydropower sector.
- Understanding the target audience and finding out what they want / need to know.
- Speaker Acquisition: Identifying high-level, influential industry experts and inviting them to speak at the Congress.
- Structuring the Congress programme.
- Writing copy to promote the event and maximize delegate attendance.
- Project Management – Working with all internal teams to ensure the success of the conference and that it is delivered on time and in budget.
- Onsite Attendance – Attending conferences to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector. To build relationships and shake hands with the people that helped shape your agenda.
- maintain relationships with sponsors and partner organisations;
- identify and leverage opportunities for creating new partnerships.
- produce the event and manage the overall programme;
- manage speakers and VIPs;
- oversee the event on-site, including some on-stage facilitation.
- contribute content for website and social media;
- draft progress reports for senior management and the IHA board;
Essential skills and attributes:
- experience in managing high-profile international events;
- excellent organiser with ability to manage multiple priorities and streams of work;
- willingness to travel internationally as required;
- strong customer relations and interpersonal skills;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- proven track record in project management.
- sound knowledge of VIP protocol;
Desirable skills and attributes:
- additional language(s), notably Chinese or Spanish;strong digital and social media capabilities;
- ability to identify opportunities and links to strategic objectives;
- understanding of energy, water and climate topics;
- confident, personable and professional;
- ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
How to apply
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK and your willingness to travel internationally if required. These documents should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Congress Producer application’.
IHA is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and it is our policy to treat all existing employees and all job applicants in the same way without discrimination.