|Closing date||14 December 2023|
|Role||Conferences / Events|
European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM) is a non for profit organisation of national member societies and individual members. We promote research and education and the recognition of Emergency Medicine across Europe. Our remit is medical dispatch, prehospital, emergency departments and disaster medicine. Our members are doctors, nurses, and paramedics coming from over 80 countries around the world. We organize various education and training courses (online and onsite), an annual congress as well as the European Board Examination. We also conduct clinical research to improve the standard of care in emergency medicine.
We are looking for a Congress Manager, who will support the activities of EUSEM Congress, Workshop and Courses.
The Congress Manager will support the EUSEM Scientific Programme Committee on development of the EUSEM Congress Programme and support the organisation of courses from registration to organising an onsite Workshop.
- Manage the development of the EUSEM Congress Scientific Programme and Course Programmes;
- Manage and maintain scientific programme details of the scientific events’ in the event management system;
- Coordinate all communications and arrangements for congress and events’ invited speakers (confirmation letters, technical requirements, hotel bookings, travel, registrations and reimbursements) as per the programme development timeline;
- Manage the communications to abstract submitters via content management system;
- Develop, monitor and maintain programme web pages and congress app in collaboration with IT supplier and Marketing and Communication Manager;
- Act as contact person for invited speakers and programme committees;
- Onsite management of the programme and faculty.
Organisation of events and activities
- Set up and manage the registration of all EUSEM events and activities through its event management system;
- Liaise with venues and suppliers to organise the logistical aspects of events pre, post and onsite;
- Negotiating venue and accommodation contracts;
- Organise travel and accommodation for Invited Speakers and Chairpersons on all EUSEM events;
- Manage the Exhibition and Sponsorship for the biennial EM workshop; Liaising with exhibitors to book exhibition space;
- Process EUSEM’s participation as an Exhibitor at other congresses;
- Compile and manage the budget with the CEO for events;
- Support and run the virtual events of EUSEM e.g. the EM monthly webinar.
The Congress Manager will be based in Antwerp, Belgium and will report to EUSEM CEO.
Requirements for the position
- Three years’ experience in organising events (in medical and scientific meetings would be an asset);
- Native-level fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Able to interact with key opinion leaders and members of the scientific community with confidence and diplomacy;
- Goal-oriented, with a good eye for details;
- Organised and methodical;
- Driven by the willingness to see a project through to completion;
- Good evaluation, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Self-starter and takes initiative;
- Ability to travel;
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work autonomously and plan their work, effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to work within a small team;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Powerpoint and Word and comfortable with analysing numerical data;
- Be a citizen of an EU member state or have a valid residence and work permit for Belgium.
What we offer
- A permanent contract under Belgian law with an attractive set of benefits: 13th month salary based on experience, 42 vacation days including public and legal holidays, working from home compensation, pension scheme, hospitalisation insurance, a contribution to local transport costs; luncheon vouchers;
- A flexible policy allowing up to 3 days a week working from home;
- Opportunity to occasionally travel in Europe;
- Working in an international environment where you can challenge yourself.
Candidates must be available to start as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter
- your CV
Please note failure to send all documents will mean that your application will be automaticall rejected.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted within three weeks after application.