Community & Market Development Director
|Closing date||04 September 2020|
|Role||Sales / Business development|
About EVPA – European Venture Philanthropy Association
Celebrating its 15th anniversary last year, EVPA is proud to have initiated the Venture Philanthropy (VP) and Social Investment (SI) movement in Europe, turning it into a thriving ecosystem and a growing market engaging social investors, foundations, corporations and policy makers in supporting social innovators and scaling their impact.
EVPA today is a well-established and growing organisation with members from over 30 countries, connected through events and activities to share best practices on scaling impact through investments and move the ecosystem forward. As a strategic partner of the European Commission in building this sector and with a team of 20+ full-time dedicated professionals, at EVPA we share insights, develop knowledge and training, shape public policies and make our members stronger and our ecosystem more vibrant.
To strengthen the senior management team, EVPA is looking for a Community & Market Development Director to continue the growth of our community, to further build strategic partnerships and to help shape the future of EVPA and the related ecosystem for VP and SI.
Role scope and candidate profile
The Community and Market Development Director (CMD Director) is the face of EVPA among the members’ community and the ‘voice of the customer’ within the EVPA team.
Together with a team of country representatives, the CMD Director is responsible for ensuring relevant value propositions to the members and driving membership growth at European level, for building financial and strategic partnerships and contributing to EVPA’s strategy and initiatives by bringing deep market insights.
The ideal candidate is passionate about VP/ SI, has a good understanding of the sector and in tune with key ecosystem dynamics and trends. He/ she has an eye to anticipate opportunities in the market and is used to work in a collaborative manner to co-design solutions. Excellent people skills and customer focus complete the profile. Digital experience/ agility is a plus.
The role reports to the CEO and is part of the Management Team.
This is a full-time role with frequent travel mainly within Europe as part of the job. If no residence in Belgium, regular visits to the main office in Brussels are recommended, particularly in the first 6 months. Thereafter, a physical presence of at least 1 week a month is expected.
Market / membership development
- Develop and execute a strategic market development/ ecosystem-building plan at European level, including a vision to strengthen synergies with international ‘sister’ organizations
- Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders strengthening EVPA position in the community
- Manage membership base and agenda for growth; responsible for overall Net Promoter Score
- Find new and innovative ways to generate resources for EVPA
- Thought leadership
- Provide market insights and input from members to the broader EVPA team.
- Co-design member specific initiatives (e.g. learning journeys) as well as targeted services
- Curate publications content as needed/ relevant
- Speaks at key sector events representing EVPA
- Lead, manage and develop a European-based team (8+)
- 8-10+ years of experience in venture philanthropy/ social investment/impact investing; European network a plus
- 5+ year experience with managing a team of professionals;
- Previous experience with member-based/ service organisations;
- Proven track record in fundraising and/ or sales, business development; understanding of key digital trends and impact a plus
- Both a strategic mind and a can-do mentality;
- Excellent people skills, comfortable and used to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Well-organised, result oriented
- Comfortable with working at pace, managing multiple priorities and uncertainties
Fascinated by the world of Investing forImpact? Do you have what it takes to lead a member-based community to generate stronger societal impact?
What we offer
- Opportunity to build a global network in venture philanthropy/ social investment and achieve great social impact by being part of an energized and passionate members’ community
- A leadership role in in a dynamic, highly motivated organization with a strong market reputation
- A competitive remuneration package corresponding to experience and skills
How to apply
Interested in applying? Please send your resumé with cover letter to Myriam Fobe by e-mail only (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 4th September 2020. If you are selected, we will invite you for the first round of interviews in the first half of September. If the match is promising, you will be selected to meet the Management team and CEO for further interviews in our offices in Brussels.