|15 February 2023
The association of European Manufacturers of Expanded Polystyrene (EUMEPS) is the voice of the Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) industry in Brussels. (www.eumeps.org), representing the entire EPS value chain from raw material suppliers to EPS converters and recyclers.
For our newly formed team we are looking for a motivated and service-minded person in charge of communications. Working with members and the staff team in the Brussels office, the Communications Manager will implement the associations communications strategy and will be responsible for the daily operation of internal and external communication activities.
- Management of the external and internal EUMEPS Communication activity;
- Together with the EUMEPS Advocacy team, developing advocacy plans and lead advocacy activities on the basis of agreed positions;
- Create messages and communication on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube), manage and update the website;
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and position papers in cooperation with the functional managers and the EUMEPS communication working group;
- Stakeholder mapping and effective follow up with journalists and stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of running projects and ensuring that EUMEPS members are properly informed on existing material studies, market facts, material benefits, project results, case stories etc.;
- Designing and organising events; ensuring EUMEPS representation in external events;
- Media monitoring;
- A relevant degree (communications, journalism administrative studies, or equivalent);
- An interest in EU policy and preferably affinity with Plastics industry;
- Aptitude and appetite for communications, prior professional experience is desirable but not a prerequisite;
- Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills;
- High energy and ability to deliver results in a demanding environment;
- Service-minded and with excellent organisational skills, proactive and able to work autonomously;
- Fluency in English (preferably English native speaker), good knowledge of other European languages an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relations with EUMEPS members and other outside stakeholders.