|Closing date||26 June 2020|
The European Judicial Training Network is an international not-for-profit association governed by the provisions of Belgian law relating to non-profit making associations, foundations and non-profit making international associations.
This association, gathering the training institutions for the judiciary of all European Union Member States has, as its aim, the promotion of training programmes with a genuine European dimension for the members of the European judiciary.
Within the framework of the creation of a European area of freedom, security and justice, EJTN affirms itself as a major platform where its Members cooperate on the analysis and identification of the training needs of the judiciaries of the Member States, the exchange and dissemination of experience in the field of judicial training and the design of programmes and methods for collaborative training. Additionally, EJTN serves as an arena for the coordination of Members’ programmes and activities in matters relating to European law and those which concern initiatives of the EU and the dissemination of knowledge about the legal systems of EU member States.
While dedicated to excellence in European judicial training, EJTN works closely with the European Commission and with nearly 40 EU national judicial bodies, which are Members and Observers of EJTN. The EJTN Secretary General, whenever appropriate, ensures compatibility between the programme of activities of EJTN and the priorities set by the European Union.
EJTN now seeks a part-time Communications Manager position which offers a challenging and unique role with a very wide breadth of tasks and responsibilities. The position entails responsibilities in relation to EJTN’s website, social media, corporate communications and outreach activities to assist the team with their daily activities aimed at raising awareness for their activities and stream-lining internal and external communications.
Apart from the specific daily and strategic tasks of this position highlighted below, it demands proactivity, creativity, inventiveness and cooperation in terms of seeking and raising initiatives for enhancement corporate communication.
Under the supervision of the Secretary General and the Head of Office, the tasks pertaining to the position of Communications Manager will include non-exhaustively:
- Day-to-day management of EJTN's website content sections, news postings (general and activity/event-specific), staff training and assistance;
- Day-to-day management of EJTN's social media postings (Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn), i.e. daily posts & answers, strategy overview, staff training, enhance partnerships;
- Production of various corporate publications (ex. newsletters, annual report content coordination and design) and promotional materials (movie, brochures, reports);
- Involvement with outreach activities, i.e. activity/event-specific communiqués and awareness campaigns, ex. promotional movie, brochures, report, corporate information packs;
- Involvement in promotion and facilitation of webinars and online educational material (collecting synopsis, visibility through direct emails and social media/news posts);
- Strategic development, implementation and follow-up of the overall EJTN Communication Strategy, social media strategy and associated sites;
- Envisaging EJTN Open House Day, responsibility for its full development cycle;
- Support in awareness-raising campaigns of EJTN’s EU added value and promotion of activities towards institutional partners, EU institutions, etc.;
- Reporting to the respective stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience required
- Master’s degree in Communications or a minimum of 3 years’ proven professional experience in relation to the profile of the position, or in implementing online and/or face-to-face educational programmes – preferably in the non-for-profit sector;
- Oral and written native knowledge of English. Knowledge of French an asset. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, planning and team-working skills;
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results;
- Well-developed administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS Office, web-based administration tools such as Zoom or Go-to-Meeting, e-mail technologies;
- Possess a “can do” spirit of accountability, helpfulness, inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun;
- Would thrive in a multicultural and international environment.
The position is intended to be a part-time one, initial fixed-term contract under Belgian law.
The interviews will be conducted in July 2020, and the expected start date is in September 2020.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26th June 2020 your CV with a motivation letter highlighting your expectations and stating your current notice period and salary expectations.
Furthermore, please add therein a self-written statement, as written below, authorising EJTN to process your personal data in accordance with EJTN’s Data Protection and Privacy Statement.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Compliance with EJTN’s Data Protection and Privacy Statement
Including the following self-written statement, authorising EJTN to process your personal data, is mandatory and a prerequisite for applying for employment or an internship at EJTN. Without this statement, your application will not be considered, and your application will be deleted. “I hereby consent to EJTN collecting and processing my personal data for the exclusive purposes involved with seeking employment or an internship position. I have reviewed the details of how EJTN processes, shares, transfers, uses and protects private data as well as my rights from EJTN’s full Data Protection and Privacy Statement.”