Chief Executive - Part-Time
|Closing date||25 September 2020|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
|Salary||From GBP 50,000|
The British Psychotherapy Foundation (BPF) is a national charity and one of the UK’s leading training providers and membership bodies for people working in intensive psychoanalytical psychotherapy, Jungian analysis and child and adolescent psychotherapy. They have around 400 qualified members and 150 trainee members. The organisation is a member of the British Psychoanalytic Council, through which their members are registered to practice.
Based in London, with a dedicated and experienced staff team, the charity has an excellent reputation and offers an impressive range of educational, training and professional support programmes and benefits for aspiring and experienced psychotherapists who wish to specialise in intensive analytic therapies.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a dedicated and ambitious Chief Executive to work with the Board to ensure sound governance and strategic development of the charity, including consolidating a financial turnaround of the organisation. The Chief Executive will lead the organisation into a new, exciting stage of development – including expansion of education/training programmes and new membership and income growth - whilst also providing overall leadership of the charity’s staff and day-to-day operations.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least five years’ relevant experience at senior level in a similar organisation or related field
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Experience of working with and supporting a Board of Trustees
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective strategic and business development plans
- Experience of motivating and getting results through a senior team
- Good knowledge of modern marketing, PR and income development methods
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. business, psychology, health, HR
The post holder will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and innovative individual with excellent communication skills who is adept at building lasting relationships both internally and externally.
You will be resilient, forward thinking and demonstrate strong influencing skills at all levels. A true belief in the ethos of the charity and the services they offer is essential, as well as a passion to promote equality and diversity in management and service delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual and if you feel you have the skills and ability to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
The British Psychotherapy Foundation is working exclusively with Charisma Charity Recruitment and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference JO2773, with the following:
• A comprehensive CV
• A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the person specification