Chief Executive Officer
The European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM) is the leading European society for emergency medicine. It is an International non-profit scientific organisation whose aim is to promote and foster the concept, philosophy, and the art of emergency medicine throughout Europe. The ultimate objective of the Society is to help and support European nations to achieve the specialty of emergency medicine. The mission of the society is to advance research, education, practice, and standards of the specialty of emergency medicine throughout Europe.
The current CEO will retire as of June 1st, 2021 and EUSEM is looking for a new dynamic CEO with specific leadership skills, understanding the need for ensuring organisational stability and continuous growth. The new CEO will start at least one month before the retirement date of her/his predecessor. CEO
- Be the general manager of the organisation in all aspects.
- Manage the P&L and all financial aspects.
- Be the HR manager for the staff of 3.
- Be responsible for the operational and financial well-being of the organization.
- Implement the strategic mission and vision of EUSEM, as defined by the Board.
- Establish strategies for projects of the committees and section in accordance with EUSEM mission.
- Advise the Board concerning the development and growth of the society.
- Ensure EUSEM operates to the highest standards of sustainability, quality and customer orientation.
- Supervise the organisation of the annual European congress and liaise with the Professional Congress Organizer (PCO) and analyse insource possibilities.
- Liaise with other healthcare organisation in Europe and globally.
- Attract private and public funding and promote key activities.
- Follow Belgian, EU and international law and ensure staff and volunteers act accordingly.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry, partners, policy makers, members, and the EM community.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Business or Science.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in a senior managerial role with progressive responsibility.
- You have leadership and management skills and qualities.
- You can inspire and motivate through clarity and direction.
- You have interest in clinical medicine.
- You can present and implement strong strategic ideas.
- You have knowledge or strong interest in international congress organisation.
- You have financial managerial knowledge.
- You can delegate projects and balance autonomy amongst team members.
- You have a strong emotional intelligence with the ability to manage professional relationships effectively and an understanding of interpersonal confidentiality.
- You live or are willing to move to Belgium with a commute to the office location.
- You are willing to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
EUSEM offers a challenging senior management position in a fast-growing society in a multicultural and friendly environment. The remuneration package will be in line with your experience.
How to apply
Please send your application, curriculum vitae and letter of motivation, to EUSEM attn. Mr. Michel De Bisschop via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed applicants will receive an invitation for a selection interview.