Chief Executive Officer
|Closing date||29 October 2021|
|Role||Leadership / Strategy|
EAHAD is looking for a Chief Executive Officer. This is a full-time position based in Brussels and reporting to the EAHAD President and Board of Directors.
Founded in 2007, the European Association for Haemophilia and Allied Disorders (EAHAD) is a not-for-profit membership organisation that seeks to improve care for people with haemophilia and other bleeding disorders through research, knowledge dissemination, and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Its members include haematologists, internists, paediatricians, nurses, physiotherapists, laboratory scientists and researchers from across Europe.
Since its establishment in 2007, EAHAD has worked to improve the situation of people living with haemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Since 2019, it is registered as an international not-for-profit association (AISBL) under Belgian law with the registration number 0718.594.509.
The CEO is responsible for:
- The daily management of the association and of the Brussels office;
- Providing strategic leadership by working with the Board of Directors and key management staff to establish long-range strategies, operational policies, and maintain a strong financial basis;
- Overseeing the complete operation of the organisation, its Committees and Working Groups in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans;
- Timely and accurate reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Leading, developing and reviewing the performance of the staff;
- Representing the organization and its values to the community, including building strong relationships with key stakeholders and leaders;
- Developing, planning, and implementing the budget, funding structures and funding streams to support organisational growth;
- The compliance with EAHAD policies and the legislation;
- Liaising with external contractors and suppliers; managing their services (congress organisation, IT, office rental, payroll..) and negotiating new contracts;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8-10 years in the not-for-profit sector with at least 6 years in a senior management position including leading a team, management strategic thinking, leadership and decision-making; financial management, policies and procedures, and compliance along with strategic planning, budgeting, and communications;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree);
- Experience in a medical or healthcare-related organisation highly desirable;
- Knowledge and familiarity with Belgian legislation and policies (Human resources, fiscal...);
- Proficient in both written and spoken English. Very good knowledge of French and/or Dutch. Knowledge of other European languages considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multicultural context;
- Capacity to adapt to changing environments;
- Demonstrated leadership and diplomacy skills;
- Ability to perform multiple roles within a small team;
- Excellent IT skills. Knowledge of Exact online accounting software an asset;
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work on evenings and weekends around events;
- Authorised to work in Belgium.
What we offer
- Full-time position;
- Permanent contract;
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Exposure to an innovative and fast-developing field of medicine and opportunity to work with highly motivated leaders in their field;
- Diversity of tasks.
Early December 2021
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages) and a cover letter describing previous achievements and motivation for the position (1 page) in English, mentioning your earliest start date and salary expectation by Friday 29 October 2021 here >>
Interviews with selected candidates will be done remotely the weeks of 8 and 15 November 2021.