Business Development Manager
|Closing date||16 September 2019|
|Benefits||PRP + benefits|
As Business Development Manager you will play a key role in: growing membership; strengthening relationships with existing and prospective members; reinforcing relationships with other partners in our network (including financial institutions, governments, international organisations and academic institutions); attracting sponsorship for our biennial Congress; and developing new relationships with partners.
You will create a marketing strategy and devise processes to support business growth. You will be part of a successful and growing organisation that works with leading energy corporations and institutions around the world.
- develop and implement membership growth strategies;
- prepare value propositions for the biennial World Hydropower Congress and source sponsorship;
- drive strategic business-building initiatives;
- develop processes, procedures and systems to support the strategies and deliver agreed objectives;
- identify growth opportunities involving new members and partners;
- create proposals for collaboration with third parties through membership or partnership;
- cultivate and manage high-level contacts with current and prospective members and partners;
- leverage the experience and connections of IHA Board members to support IHA’s objectives;
- engage colleagues and ensure a good exchange of information between the various teams;
- act as an ambassador for IHA and promote its mission and strategic priorities.
Essential skills and attributes:
- experience in growing an organisation’s revenue base;
- ability to negotiate and close deals;
- experience in devising and implementing business development strategies in line with overall corporate strategy;
- ability to engage with high-level representatives of corporations, governments, financial institutions, international organisations and other entities involved in developing policies pertaining to water, energy and hydropower;
- willingness to travel internationally as required;
- excellent organisational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- additional language(s), notably Chinese, Spanish, French, Portuguse or Russian;
- at least five years’ experience in a similar or relevant role;
- background in the hydropower or energy sector;
- marketing acumen;
- experience in using a CRM system.
How to apply
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK and your willingness to travel internationally if required. These documents should be sent by email: email@example.com
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Business Development Manager application’.