|Closing date||03 November 2019|
The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is the world’s largest organisation of healthcare professionals dedicated to fighting heart disease. It helps more than 95,000 cardiologists from 150 countries expand the boundaries of cardiovascular medicine so people can lead longer, healthier lives.
The ESC publishes a dozen scientific journals, an array of textbooks and the latest clinical practice guidelines. It provides continuing medical education through webinars and classroom courses and hosts the summit of cardiovascular science each August - ESC Congress - which attracts 31,000 heart specialists and delivers over 4,500 of the latest abstracts.
Discover more about the ESC: https://youtu.be/PDpsDnoqDlM
The ESC comprises 28 cardiovascular subspecialty communities covering the full spectrum of cardiology.
They include 7 Associations, 15 Working Groups and 6 Councils, enabling us to provide in-depth, expert knowledge to all cardiovascular clinicians and researchers.
The ESC is currently looking for a talented Association Coordinator for a permanent contract, CDI, for an Association (EAPC), to work at its headquarters in Sophia-Antipolis, France.
Discover more about EAPC:
The mission is to promote excellence in research, practice, education and policy in cardiovascular health, primary and secondary prevention.
EAPC is a community of more than 6700 members - Over 70 experts in epidemiology, exercise, rehabilitation and sports cardiology give their time to support the Association and its community, including the EAPC Board, EAPC Sections and EAPC Committees.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Section/Committee coordination:
- Support the committee/section chairperson in defining strategic objectives and action plan, in line with the Association strategy and ESC strategic plan.
- Motivate volunteers and stakeholders to achieve objectives and optimize committee/section performance
- Plan and implement activities (eg documents, courses, accreditation programme)
- Monitor progress and ensure conformance with deliverables, budget and milestones.
- Budget: participate to budget planning and monitoring.
- Communication: update and create content for project-related web pages and newsletter articles
- Reporting: Consolidate input of reporting tools; draft slides and prepare quarterly reports for the sections/committee; Provide a weekly report to the Association Manager.
- Overall support: book teleconferences and meetings, take and distribute minutes, set-up and manage smartsheets, coordinate logistics for internal and external workshops and events.
Professional Experience & Skills
- Proven experience in Association / volunteer management
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Analytical skills and ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of public affairs, advocacy and framework of EU project management would be a plus
- Very good written/spoken English & French
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Smartsheet would be a plus).
- Assertive, dynamic, solution oriented and positive
- Ability to lead and convince
- Autonomous, well organized and conscientious, deadline sensitive
- Intellectual curiosity; excellent relationship building skills and teamwork
- Available for travel +/- 15 days / year including weekends
-- CDI / cadre / full time
-- Five weeks of paid vacation per year
-- Additional days off per year (Reduction de temps de travail)
-- Days working from home (Travail à distance)
-- Restaurant vouchers + mutuelle/prévoyance
How to apply
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter in English
- A CV in English
- Your availability (notice period...)
- Your salary expectations
As part of its diversity policy, the ESC is an equal opportunity employer.