Virtual Congresses Webinar Series
Virtual congresses are here to stay - a series of four webinars addressing the most burning questions.
This webinar series is presented by Inbar Caspi, an association services and congress expert with more than 20 years of experience, consulted by over 60 associations and managing more than 170 association congresses. She is the former Managing Director of Kenes UK and for the past 6 years, Inbar has been supporting medical associations that organise their congress in-house or wish to take more ownership of their key activities.
Each webinar will include a guest interview of an events strategist from a major association, which has just delivered a very large successful congress online, and then will be followed by a live discussion with the audience.
10 September: Sustainable financial models for virtual meetings
24 September: What to look for in a virtual meeting platform & software
There are no fees to attend for association employees, who need to register as a subscriber or member of AAE, both of which are free of charge.
Sustainable financial models for online meetings
13:00 BST | 14:00hrs CET - Thursday 10 SEPTEMBER - ONLINE
This webinar addresses the critical aspect of profitability, long-term sustainability and economic models for virtual association congresses in all sectors.
- How to build a financial forecast or budget in this unknown environment?
- How much to charge for registrations and sponsorships?
- What expenses you should plan for?
- How to work with future congress centre contracts?
- What are the risks and future opportunities you should present to your Board?
You are welcome to send questions ahead of the webinar so Inbar can address them during the discussion. Please send the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to look for in a virtual meeting platform & software
13:00 BST | 14:00hrs CET - Thursday 24 SEPTEMBER - ONLINE
This webinar addresses the critical aspect of what to look for in a virtual meeting platform and software, what interaction functions are critical, and how the future for tech systems might be.
- What are the virtual components that are ‘’must-have’’ on our check list?
- What are the components that will maximize personal meaningful discussions and engagements online?
- What is the future of virtual and hybrid meetings?
The additional speaker and interviewee will be announced shortly.
Registration & Access Fees
To attend for no fee, register as a subscriber or member (both at no fee) and then register for the event.
|Association Members||No fee||No fee|
|Association Subscribers||No fee||n/a|
|PCO/ AMC Subscribers||£50 each||n/a|
Fees are in GBP, subject to 20% VAT and payment is only by card.
Videos are available in the AAE Resource Centre from 48 working hours after the event, to allow time for preparation of the video, and is subject to recordings being successful.
How to give value to participants in a virtual model
This first webinar in the series addresses the critical aspect of providing value to delegates, speakers and poster presenters, and then glances at how the future may look.
The webinar includes a presentation, an interview with Monica Fontana, Executive Director of ERA-EDTA, who has just delivered their online congress successfully with 10,000 participants, and a live discussion with the audience.
- What does the audience expect from virtual meetings?
- How can we translate the onsite congress programme to online medium?
- How can we create ‘’live happenings’’ and real interactive discussions with speakers, poster presenters and exhibitors?
- How will congresses look post-COVID-19?
How to give value to sponsors and exhibitors
The rules of the game have changed, we need to adapt!
This second webinar in the series is presented by Inbar Caspi and includes an introduction by Inbar, and then a talk by Maya Ravinsky, Sponsorship & Exhibition Strategic Consultant, who has just delivered an online congress successfully thousands of participants. Then followed by Q&A with the audience.
This second webinar in the series addresses the critical aspect of providing value to sponsors and exhibitors in the virtual model.
- Avoid risking loss of financial support from the industry
- Meeting industry’s objectives, needs, plans and strategies
- Compensating for loss of physical component
- Creating new opportunities and options
- Join forces with relevant stakeholders