Pre Congress - Workshops
Workshops on Wednesday
- 2.00 PM
A Leveraging the data asset for successful engagement and personalisation
Who should attend: Directors and Senior Managers of Communications, Marketing, Membership and Events wishing to transform their association's effectiveness.
What you can learn: Data is one of the key assets of your organisation. Having a robust approach for how it is managed will help deliver greater success in how you manage the relationships with your members, customers and other constituents. Getting to grips with how to determine which data you should be collecting and how it should be used will lead to understanding of engagement and personalisation which you can leverage to contribute to successful lead conversion, member retention and instilling advocacy amongst your constituents.
Combining a view of when and with what products and services members connect are key to understanding how they engage with your organisation. Recording and analysing these provides valuable insight into member behaviour and introducing the context of their profiles and ‘psychographics’ can help drive dynamically personal communications and individual membership journeys that will retain their interest and help to pre-empt churn.
This workshop is a combination of informative discussion and practical exercises and is equally applicable to organisations with individual or corporate members. You will be introduced to how your engagement strategy will benefit from leveraging your organisation’s data asset and your investment in CRM, within the context of a data strategy and data culture for your organisation.
What you will take away from this workshop:
- Establish where your organisation is on a scale of how well you understand your members
- Identify the engagement "Touchpoints" and key member "milestones" and how you record them (with a Touchpoints exercise that you can continue in your organisation)
- Determine why and how you can segment your members and customers and apply data modelling for segmentation and personalisation (illustrated with a clustering exercise)
- Utilise business intelligence to build comprehensive reporting and understand individual relationships (with an introduction to a simplified practical RFV example that you can apply to your data)
- Understand the application of relationship management strategy (including an exercise in which you can approach the creation of your own member journeys)
- Assimilate the importance of data quality in managing the data asset and determine a ten- point approach for a data strategy for your organisation
Successful event project and budget management - Where do I start?
Project and budget management can be daunting, especially if you don’t know where to start. Often the brainstorming sessions with your team don’t have the desired effect, your project plan is just another piece of document and you forget to include some of the costs in the budget.
In this workshop we will look at some easy-to-use tools and templates, that will guide you smoothly from an initial idea to a workable project plan and deliverable budget.
Designing and managing high performance and sustainable events
Bridge the generational communication gap for sustained association growth
- Why one-method-marketing can’t be used across multiple generations of members
- Difference between marketing for member retention and marketing for member acquisition
- How associations are missing out on the value of their content goldmine
- How to align marketing communication efforts to global marketing trends without spending a fortune
- Practical exercise: create a 12-month communication plan that encompasses all platform and key messages)