Date and time
Tuesday 10 July 2018, 09:00-17:30
Presentations are an opportunity for Association professionals to create change. Whether it’s speaking to your board, your team, your members or those outside of the association, being able to present with impact is critical to achieving your goals, both professional and personally.
When you present, it’s an opportunity to prepare and deliver a fresh idea, insight or thinking and for your audience to receive that idea, roll it around and develop their thinking and be persuaded towards taking action in a way that is useful to them and you. Put simply, you want to create a reaction and action in your audience.
- Do your presentations achieve this?
- Could you become a better presenter?
- Do you want to?
- That’s what this workshop is about.
Who should attend
This workshop is for senior to middle level association employees and leaders who want to be more effective.
||Registration and Coffee
||Preparation - Part I
- Introductions and goals for the day
- First steps: the pre-flight checklist for great preparation.
- You as presenter: explore different communication styles and discover yours.
- Your audience: who are they and how best to communicate with them.
- Your content: fresh ways to look at content planning and storylines.
||Preparation - Part II
- Your planning and practice: what does good practice look like?
- Question handling: how to handle questions with confidence.
- Practice 1: a chance to make a 2-minute presentation and receive feedback.
- Nerves and confidence: practical techniques for removing nerves and building confidence.
Delivery - Part I
- Opening and closing the session: good beginnings and good endings.
- Using language for impact: finding the right words for the right audience.
- Using your voice: your vocal toolkit and how to use it.
- Using your body language: techniques for projecting good body language.
Refreshment II break
Delivery - Part II
- Practice 2: a second chance to make a 2-minute presentation applying your new knowledge.
- Returning to nerves and confidence: finding the balance between the two.
- Your personal action plan: what will you do next to continue your development?
||Discussion, feedback and conclusion
Earlybird rate only £475 +VAT before 31 May (rising to £545+VAT afterwards)
About the Masterclass leader
John Scarrott is a Trainer and Coach working with association professionals on their approach to presentations, selling and networking. A former Membership Director, he has over 20-years’ experience of making presentations. He is a qualified coach with an ICF approved certificate in Coaching Skills and the Presentation Skills Trainer for the Institute of Direct Marketing. He is an international speaker and has worked with association professionals in UK, Europe, India and Australia. You can find out more about him at www.johnscarrott.com
by past delegates to this masterclass
"We were immediately engaged and inspired. The sessions were challenging yet with practical skills to hone and implement. Can’t praise the training enough.”
“I had a great day and learned some skills. I feel much more confident about the next presentation I'm about to deliver – seeing it more as a challenge than something to fear.”
“I found John to be highly engaging, down-to- earth and super knowledgeable. Made everyone feel
comfortable and included.”
“Good practical activities and tips, grounded in the everyday, so it will be easy to apply learnings.”
etc.venues Prospero House
241 Borough High St