Having an effective online community strategy has been a growing trend for associations in 2023. There are many good reasons for this, but perhaps you’re unclear about exactly what an online community strategy is, and why you should spend time considering it for your association.
This seminar looks at the tangible ways member organisations are getting value from placing an online community at the heart of their member offering. the key requirements for success and the typical reasons for failure and how to avoid prosecution and data issues.
Michelle Goodall, the presenter for this event, has 25+ years experience in community building and has worked with member organisations including the CIPD, The Marketing Society, NAJ, TAF, PRCA, NEU and others to help them plan, create and sustain successful communities that deliver value for both members and member organisations. Michelle will demystify the topic and explore how online communities can help you with:
- Member acquisition and member growth
- Member retention and loyalty
- Improved member insights and richer member data
- Member networking
- Supporting and diversifying revenue/income streams
- Adding value to your events or training programs and content
- Supporting special interest groups, regional groups or different member tiers
- Creating sponsor or partner value
- Beating social media algorithms and reaching your members + membership prospects
- GDPR compliance and data privacy assurance for your members
- Defining and develop your member benefit offering
Michelle will answer your questions about online community strategy, whether you're just getting started or you’re further along your journey.
|12:05||Why your Association needs to have an Online Community Strategy in 2024
|12:35||Questions from delegates to the speaker|
How to Book
This event is open to members and subscribers.
Non-members & non-subscribers: register for free (and then book) here.
|AAE Association Members||No fee|
|AAE Association Subscribers||No fee|
|PCO/ AMC Subscribers||£40|
|Associate Members||No fee|
Fees are in GBP, subject to 20% VAT and to be paid by card on booking.
A recording of the seminar is available to members only in the Resource Centre, from approximately 48 hours after the event, and subject to successful recordings.