In the changed world in which we now work, many things about presentations remain the same. For the presenter, it’s still about making a personal impact - to engage, inspire and influence your audience and to promote change. At the same time, how we present is different. We’re presenting more by video, which requires us to learn additional skills and methods in order to continue to be effective
Your goals as a presenter include putting your ideas across effectively, hearing others and recognising their contributions, and through this process, meeting your objectives. Your path to success involves work on how you: Prepare, Practise, Perform and build your Personal Confidence around presentations. This 4-hour masterclass will equip you with a sound process and the tools and techniques to enable you to raise your level of performance and effectiveness as a presenter.
During this masterclass, you'll learn:
- Techniques to hone your preparation and practise for video presenting
- How to tailor your presentation to suit your audience
- How to turn your information & content into a compelling story over video
- Ways to make an impactful presentation over video
- How to create confidence in your own ability
You will leave with an action plan to organise what you’ve learned and apply it to your forthcoming presentations.
- Introductions: and goals for the session.
- First steps: clarifying objectives- the pre-flight checklist.
- You as presenter: discover your communication style and what to do with that understanding.
- Your content: structuring your content and turning it into a compelling story.
- Practical matters: guidance on creating slides, managing questions and staying on track.
- Practise: what good presentation practise look like and how to make it happen.
- Now that your audience is not in the same room: performing well over video.
- Voice: create impact using pause, intonation, emphasis and pace.
- Body language: that strengthens and supports your message.
- Managing nerves and building confidence: practical techniques for both.
- Action plan: turning today into tomorrow. Your plan to turn learning into action.
- Discussion & Reflection
- Group work
- Course workbook
- Practical examples
- Maximum group size of 8 attendees allows for active engagement with tutor
Early-booker (up to 9 October): GBP 265.00
Late-booker: GBP 330.00
Prices are subject to VAT at 20%