Associations should ensure that their governance structures and Articles of Association are up-to-date. In this Seminar delegates will understand why governance modernisation is important for their association, and learn how to make it happen.
This Seminar will address critical issues, including:
- Convincing your Board of Trustees that change is required
- Validating the necessity of modernisation through benchmarking with best practice
- Simply explaining the governance principles to be put in the new Articles
- Consulting with members before drafting new Articles
- Writing new Articles of Association
- Securing a sufficient percentage of approval at a General Meeting of members
- Case studies of successful change
John Peacock, former CEO of Associations Forum and now head of Governology, an association governance advisory firm has a track record of convincing association decision-makers of the need to modernise - and with success in achieving desired results.
|12:05||Governance Modernisation and Constitutional Change|
|12:35||Discussion & questions from the chair and delegates to the speaker|
How to Book
Members and Subscribers: click on the "Book now" button at the top right of this page.
Non Members or Subscribers: register for free here and then book.
|AAE Association Members||No fee|
|AAE Association Subscribers||No fee|
|PCO/ AMC Subscribers||£40|
|Associate Members||No fee|
Fees are in GBP, subject to 20% VAT and to be paid by card on booking.
A recording of the seminar is available to members only in the Resource Centre, from approximately 48 hours after the event, and subject to successful recordings.