Conference speaking raises the stakes on a typical presentation. The audience is usually bigger. You may not know as much about them as individuals, compared with a smaller group. And by speaking to your peers or representing your industry there is an added element of risk.
That said, the opportunity is also greater. You can share the ideas and experiences of your Association. And you can learn about them from your audience. And by speaking to a larger group you develop new skills that can help you in other areas. And on top of that, you raise your personal and professional profile and that of your Association too. There is much to be gained for you personally and for your Association.
Have you got a conference speaking engagement coming up? Are you being encouraged to accept one? Have you been avoiding them, whilst secretly knowing it’s something that is expected of you?
This Masterclass will provide you with the key ingredients to make a success of your speaking. The tutor will guide you through:
- A framework to give you confidence to perform well as a conference speaker.
- Practical advice on making the right choices for you as a speaker.
- Creating your personal plan to put this into action.
- Introductions and goals: Get clear on what you want to leave the session with
- The four Ps of successful speaking: Preparation, Practise, Performance, Personal Confidence
- Preparation: The three sides of effective planning and four storylines to work with.
- Practise: How to practice that gets results
- Performance: What to nurture and what to avoid around body language and voice.
- Personal confidence: Boost confidence levels, before, during and after a speaker slot.
- Practical matters: A checklist of what to do in the run up to the speaking opportunity.
- Action plan and next steps: what will you do next to take this forward? When will you do it?
|Reflection & discussion||☑|
|Access to the recording post event||☑|
|Discussion forum for tutor and delegates||☑|
|AMCs, PCOs & Event Management companies||145.00|
Fees are in GBP, subject to 20% VAT and payment is only by card.