Effective chairs and facilitators are essential to a successful conference. This 90 minute Masterclass will equip the delegate with the key processes and skills to perform well as a chair and facilitator at your next event.
The chairs and facilitators are a vital link between the speakers, their content and the audience - they enable everything to ‘flow’. They manage the process, facilitate conversation and connect people, making everyone welcome and comfortable. They play a vital role, supporting the speakers, the audience and the organiser to get what they want from the event and make it a success. The best chairs can make it look effortless, but behind their ease is an approach that enables them to perform well - and that’s what this session will teach you.
The communication skills trainer and credentialed coach John Scarrott is the ideal trainer for this Masterclass, with years of experience training speakers, training meeting chairs and coaching association executives and conference speakers.
In this 90 minute session, you’ll learn how to approach your:
- Preparation: get ready, prepare yourself, your thoughts, words and actions
- Practise: try out your words, and get them sounding great
- Performance: manage ‘in the moment’ situations on the day
- Personal Confidence: stay buoyant when bumps in the road arise
You’ll leave with:
- The skills of an effective chair and knowledge of how to apply them
- A practical approach to become a confident chair and facilitator
- Presentation (approx 60 mins)
- Discussion & Q&A (approx 30 mins)
- Masterclass document
Standard price: GBP 95.00 per person
For 4 or more places: 10% discount (email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise)
Prices are subject to VAT at 20%