Now is the time for you to create a breakthrough moment for your Association. And engagement will be how you’ll do it. You need it - for you, for your Association and most importantly for your members.
The only thing is, you’ve got engagement elephants sitting quietly in the room. They’re blocking the change you need to make. Every membership body has at least one engagement elephant. They’re aspects of engagement you know exist, but can’t mention, for fear of creating discomfort or embarrassment. Or for being labelled controversial or disruptive, a challenger to the status quo. They can pop up in board meetings, team meetings, and one to ones. They can even be found in member conversations.
Now is the perfect time to point out your elephants. There’s no status quo to protect. Everything is up in the air, up for debate and discussion. The world we’re in right now is an open door to getting to know your elephants. It’s a fantastic opportunity. Those Associations that grasp it will secure their own future. And those that don’t respond will be trampled. Are you ready to seize the moment?
Association Trainer and Coach John Scarrott has identified eight aspects of engagement that can harbour elephants. In this mini-masterclass he will share these with you in more detail.
You will leave with:
- Clarity on your elephants, and what they look like
- Ways to engage your colleagues in discussing them
- The tools to create the breakthrough moment for your Association around engagement.
Here are the eight aspects of engagement where elephants exist.
- Purpose: why it matters
- Meaning: who it’s for
- Measurement: how it’s measured
- Activity: what makes it happen
- Scope: who leads it
- Direction: how it moves
- Internal: engagement of the Association with itself
- Membership and engagement: same or different
- Exercise in groups
- Discussion and reflection
- Access to the recording of the presentation (AAE members only)
- Discussion forum for speakers and delegates after the event
£55+VAT at 20% with payment by card only.