Do you face challenges finding suitable members to take on leadership roles? Does your association struggle to find members who understand corporate governance or who demonstrate challenging behaviour?
Most associations allow any member to stand for leadership positions which can result in: leaders with single agenda strategies, disruptive behaviour or being out of their depth and lacking confidence. One of the ways in which associations should tackle this is by being proactive and developing members before they take on leadership roles.
In response to this and other issues, the British Dietetic Association (BDA) created its own Future Leaders Programme which is now being adopted by other associations. Approved by The Institute of Leadership and Management this unique programme tackles many of the challenges associations face. This Masterclass looks at how this can work and how a more diverse leadership Board can be created.
OutcomesDelegates will achieve a fresh understanding of leadership development for members, which will support associations to:
- Create cohorts of members who are more prepared for leadership vacancies as they arise
- Consider a successful leadership programme and the evidence gathered to show how members develop leadership skills
- Understand what a good leadership development programme for members looks like
- Understand how a leadership development programme can create a more diverse Board and create opportunities for under-represented groups within the membership
- Understand how associations can provide solutions to leadership issues raised by members resulting from movements like Black Lives Matter
- Course workbook
- Practical examples
- Case studies
- Group work
- Limited attendance to enable good engagement with the tutor
|Reflection & discussion||☑|
|Access to the recording post event||☑|
|Discussion forum for tutor and delegates||☑|
|AMCs, PCOs & Event Management companies||325.00|
Fees are in GBP, subject to 20% VAT and payment is only by card.